The Student Room Group

Do universities keep records of applications?

Hi!
I'm considering applying for a MSc starting next September, and I will probably be accepted, the thing is, I might have another opportunity for next academic year that would last for a year, but is not a sure thing, if it happens, I would then reapply for the same MSc as before.

So my question is, do universities keep records of old applications, specially those which they accepted? Can I reapply one year later even though they accepted me the year before and I rejected their offer?

Thanks
Can't you just defer?
It wouldn't be a big issue, promise.

If you withdraw your application or turn a place down (or defer) it wouldn't be regarded badly, and they would quite happily consider your re-application at a later time.
Reply 3
Original post by ftm66
Hi!
I'm considering applying for a MSc starting next September, and I will probably be accepted, the thing is, I might have another opportunity for next academic year that would last for a year, but is not a sure thing, if it happens, I would then reapply for the same MSc as before.

So my question is, do universities keep records of old applications, specially those which they accepted? Can I reapply one year later even though they accepted me the year before and I rejected their offer?

Thanks

As above, I suspect that asking to defer will be no big deal if you get a place this year. Having a year's experience outside uni, might actually make you a more interesting prospect for your target uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending