Work Placement and Study Abroad costs?

Watch
andrew96wright
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I have applied to do International Business at university however I noticed the other day the cost of a work placement and study abroad, the world placement can be around £1000 just to apply, is this added onto your student debt or do you have to pay this upfront, the same question with study abroad costs, is the accomodation abroad added onto your student debt or out of your back pocket? I am just worried that if it is out of your back pocket I may not be able to take these opportunities because I would really like to take a work placement in America or Canada however, I will have to pay for flights etc and this is just another added cost, can anybody help me.

thanks
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's something called Erasmus. This is funded by Student Finance. I've got no idea (and not heard of) the world placement. Your uni should have more information.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by andrew96wright)
Hi, I have applied to do International Business at university however I noticed the other day the cost of a work placement and study abroad, the world placement can be around £1000 just to apply, is this added onto your student debt or do you have to pay this upfront, the same question with study abroad costs, is the accomodation abroad added onto your student debt or out of your back pocket? I am just worried that if it is out of your back pocket I may not be able to take these opportunities because I would really like to take a work placement in America or Canada however, I will have to pay for flights etc and this is just another added cost, can anybody help me.

thanks
As above, your uni should be able to give you all the info about how it's funded and the sources of funding potentially available to you.

Placements are usually organised at uni-level. Even the Erasmus programme needed specific ties between your own uni and individual unis abroad, when I was an undergrad 2008-11, although that may have changed (I sat through an hour long presentation about studying around Europe under the Erasmus scheme, to find that the only place to which my department had the required links, was Malta!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (139)
62.33%
I don't have everything I need (84)
37.67%

Watched Threads