Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    tell me the questions, u expect. i think there wont b any question about trapezium rule. wot is ur layout of P2 exam paper? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f_malik)
    tell me the questions, u expect. i think there wont b any question about trapezium rule. wot is ur layout of P2 exam paper? :confused:
    why do you think that there wont be any questions on trapezium rule?

ReputationRep:
    There better be something on the trapezium rule! It is usually a high marked question with easy marks.
    I am still in the dark as to solve any of these cosσ + sinσ = √3/2 ******** type questions. (That was just an example of the form)
    Any ideas how to get my teeth into them, as I really do not have a clue when they come up, I just leave them and look for a nice volumes of revolution or binomial expansion question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderboy)
    There better be something on the trapezium rule! It is usually a high marked question with easy marks.
    I am still in the dark as to solve any of these cosσ + sinσ = √3/2 ******** type questions. (That was just an example of the form)
    Any ideas how to get my teeth into them, as I really do not have a clue when they come up, I just leave them and look for a nice volumes of revolution or binomial expansion question
    ditto lol im terrible at trig equations - im probs gonna spend all of tommorow doing it - the other ones are pretty simple

ReputationRep:
    u no i figured it out. i guess we can do all the trig questions using dat Rcos/sin(x-/+a) rule or dat P+Q/2 rule, dont u agree.

ReputationRep:
    i sat the P2 paper in January 2004 and it was on a whole very simple as all te easy stuff came up!!! So ppl this June beware especially as Edexcel have made all papers hard this June :mad: . Possible things that ma come up are Volumes of revolution for definite no logs will come up as a whole question was dedicated to them goddamnit!! Erm... Trapezium rule was also a question and expect some hard trig as all the Rcos Rsin alpha stuff was in it in January so P2 guys learn them trig identities!! Good Luck. Right back to S2.

ReputationRep:
    damn... hey i dont understand some logs questions.

and say there is a table of x = 0,5,10,15,20,25
    what will be the value of "h" in trapezium rule
    h = (25-0)/6
    or h = (25-0)/5?

its in June 2002 paper. i think it shud b 25/6...?

ReputationRep:
    h is the width of the trapeziums, in this case 5

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.