Favourite 2015 film?

Watch
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It hasn't been a great year in the movie industry(at least in my opinion), and since I haven't had the chance to watch the latest Star Wars, I'd go with The Martian as my choice.

What about you?
username2207427
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mayhem™)
It hasn't been a great year in the movie industry(at least in my opinion), and since I haven't had the chance to watch the latest Star Wars, I'd go with The Martian as my choice.

What about you?
Annabelle
BobbyFlay
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Star Wars.
Had I not seen it, The Martian would have been my top movie of the year.
Donsal007
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mayhem™)

What about you?
Sicario
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ex Machina
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Spectre

it has to be!

Yet to watch mission impossible.........
Indeterminate
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mad Max: Fury Road
ubisoft
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mad Maxxx
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Martian hands down.

Mad Max was kinda disappointing and in my opinion overrated. They literally drove to one point and back :L
Schrödingers Cat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All 2015 films have been ****, however star wars was a nice relief.

So star wars has to win it
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Hunger games and defo Star Wars
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mad Max gets my vote.

(Original post by Student403)
They literally drove to one point and back :L
Ironically you've also described a huge chunk of the Martian's plot, except for one other bloke who just spent a few years gardening.

But yeah, you can make any film sound boring when you condense it down to a single sentence. I actually found The Martian underwhelming considering the praise it got, every scene without Matt Damon just felt a bit bland.
Student403
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Mad Max gets my vote.

Ironically you've also described a huge chunk of the Martian's plot, except for one other bloke who just spent a few years gardening.

But yeah, you can make any film sound boring when you condense it down to a single sentence. I actually found The Martian underwhelming considering the praise it got, every scene without Matt Damon just felt a bit bland.
Perhaps I had the book in mind when watching, too. The film left a lot of good stuff from the book out
reese_seyton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
starwars
MaxReid
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Star Wars
beastinr0cks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) was best action movie. Same expectation from http://10starmovie.me/watch-star-war...15-online.html Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) movie
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a shame we didn't get Christmas releases for The Hateful Eight and The Revenant, I'm massively excited for both of them.

First place for me goes to Mad Max, no other film has filled me with so much excitement and adrenaline in the space of two hours this year. It's the only film I'd give a perfect 10/10 to this year.

Second place goes to Whiplash, such an intense film.

Third place I'd give to John Wick, it took the martial arts/"gun fu" genre it aimed to pay homage to and damn near perfected them. Technically great and extremely enjoyable, it showed the crap like the Taken and Transporter series that this style of film can be done to a genuinely high standard and doesn't just need to be cheesy and silly to work.

Honourable mentions for me (anything I gave, or would give in hindsight, 8/10 to over the year);
*Birdman
*Avengers: Age of Ultron
*The Theory of Everything
*The Imitation Game
*Inside Out
*Ant Man
*The Man from U.N.C.L.E
*It Follows
*Sicario
*The Lobster (I actually would still only give this a 7/10 but it definitely warrants a watch for the sheer oddness of it all without falling into stupidity)
*Spectre
*Bridge of Spies
*Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Some of these films may technically be from 2014, but I'm going on if I saw them in the cinema this year.
Cold 187um
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely Run All Night, absolutely amazing film loved it Neeson is so badass xx
HyperIntake
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mad Max and Inside out
TheFarmerLad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fantastic Four
Spoiler:
Show
Nah:

Ex Machina
The Martian
Mad Max
Spectre
Bridge of Spies
Jurassic World

Can't wait to see TFA and The Hateful Eight :ahee:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads