The Student Room Group

Trading 212 Stock and Commodities trading.

I've been trading with Trading 212 for a couple of months now. With the 10,000 euro practice account I've been making returns of 5-10% per purchase at least. In one case I made 8000 euros profit.
If I open a real account with the same amount of money would I have literally made that amount and been able to cash it out?
Am I doing well as a novice trader if I'm making and not losing money, in that people say newbies lose a lot of money, yet I, genuinely, have not?

How do people lose money on the markets if prices eventually go back up? (this is important for me to understand as I will make a loss eventually - its inevitable.)

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by honestly
I've been trading with Trading 212 for a couple of months now. With the 10,000 euro practice account I've been making returns of 5-10% per purchase at least. In one case I made 8000 euros profit.
If I open a real account with the same amount of money would I have literally made that amount and been able to cash it out?
Am I doing well as a novice trader if I'm making and not losing money, in that people say newbies lose a lot of money, yet I, genuinely, have not?

How do people lose money on the markets if prices eventually go back up? (this is important for me to understand as I will make a loss eventually - its inevitable.)

Thanks in advance

As someone who has a fair bit of experience in trading stocks, commodities, FX, Indices etc., don't take your performance in a demo account as a good indicator of real performance simply because the trading psychology changes when you know you are dealing with real money in a live account.

Demo accounts are good to check out your indicators and strategies, but don't extrapolate and say "I'm good in a demo account, so I'll be good when dealing with the real thing".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending