The Student Room Group

Secondary School has been hell for me, miss Primary School.

Everytime I go to that hell hole I think back to Year 6 when they told us how magical it will be and how friendly everyone is and all the rainbows and sunshines, what came to be over the well majority of My Secondary Life was the opposite balancing this and home life has been stressful as ****.

Basically I'm in Year 10 now and when joining Secondary was forced to make friends and get into a clique of my own fast, as I soon learnt is really a dog eat dog playgrpund with hirearchys. I also had to quickly blend in to just be left alone and hang out with my friends.

Also there is a loooot of stress you get Homework, GCSE, Parents Evening, Social Status is all just too much, I especially hate subjects like PE where I have been placed with the most athletic people in my year along with most of the average people and I hate doing PE at school, I love gym outside of it but doing team sports inside school its a nightmare especially when 99.9% of the time I'm forced to play football and put into goal and constantly let the ball in or either get it smashed into my face and I'm blamed throughout the whole thing. I also despise my PE teacher when I asked him if I can sit out I got a straight up No.

Next is Homework and Classwork and the whole walking between periods and getting detentions, and having to be refered to Senior Teachers because I can't keep up with the bloody work load and maths being daunting everytime I enter the department its like entering the lair of doom.

I also hate my peers not all of them a few who I've gotten really close to and understand where I'm comming from excluded, there just annoying, aggrevating and attention seeking comstantly especially when they bully/harass people and are as thick as ice.

Point is will life get easier as I get older will I be able to look back and laugh? Will all of this riff-raff mentioned go away?
I hated secondary school too! If u hate ur school that much, then u have to get out of there.last year I was stuck in a secondary school and I hated it for the same reasons as you. Moving was the best decision I've ever made...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Oh my God I thought I was alone in thinking this 😭😭
I hated secondary school a lot! I missed primary school and I missed it. Don't worry, life *hopefully* does get better after secondary school.

No point moving schools, you have like less than to years left. Hang on it, you can do it.
Actually there is a point in moving schools but only if u hate it THAT much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just work as hard as you possibly can, try doing some flipped learning where you do all the learning at home and come into school where your knowledge is refreshed, it's really effective. Your grades will increase really quickly and so you will get a lot of respect from teachers if you are doing well but appear to do nothing, you then have the ability to be an absolute **** to everyone else talking about how easy everything is and how you never work at home. Teachers will then become really relaxed with you and never be on your case, you can breeze through the rest of secondary school at your own pace and leave with some wicked results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Completely agree with the above. Go to school for yourself. Think about what you really want to get out of it! Don't worry about everyone else. Secondary school is difficult but don't let it get you down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Popsiclez
Everytime I go to that hell hole I think back to Year 6 when they told us how magical it will be and how friendly everyone is and all the rainbows and sunshines, what came to be over the well majority of My Secondary Life was the opposite balancing this and home life has been stressful as ****.

Basically I'm in Year 10 now and when joining Secondary was forced to make friends and get into a clique of my own fast, as I soon learnt is really a dog eat dog playgrpund with hirearchys. I also had to quickly blend in to just be left alone and hang out with my friends.

Also there is a loooot of stress you get Homework, GCSE, Parents Evening, Social Status is all just too much, I especially hate subjects like PE where I have been placed with the most athletic people in my year along with most of the average people and I hate doing PE at school, I love gym outside of it but doing team sports inside school its a nightmare especially when 99.9% of the time I'm forced to play football and put into goal and constantly let the ball in or either get it smashed into my face and I'm blamed throughout the whole thing. I also despise my PE teacher when I asked him if I can sit out I got a straight up No.

Next is Homework and Classwork and the whole walking between periods and getting detentions, and having to be refered to Senior Teachers because I can't keep up with the bloody work load and maths being daunting everytime I enter the department its like entering the lair of doom.

I also hate my peers not all of them a few who I've gotten really close to and understand where I'm comming from excluded, there just annoying, aggrevating and attention seeking comstantly especially when they bully/harass people and are as thick as ice.

Point is will life get easier as I get older will I be able to look back and laugh? Will all of this riff-raff mentioned go away?

You are gonna miss secondary school when you start your A levels

Also if someone tells you to go in goal just tell em to **** off
this is so relatable

Latest