The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

slowjamz
Anyone else trying to pull a revision all-nighter tonight? :frown: I'm bored, tired and getting jittery from too much coffee! Any tips on making this worth the sleep deprivation?

when is your exam
Reply 2
DazYaa911
when is your exam

In 8 hours :biggrin:
Reply 3
slowjamz
Anyone else trying to pull a revision all-nighter tonight? :frown: I'm bored, tired and getting jittery from too much coffee! Any tips on making this worth the sleep deprivation?

mate there is no way you can do an allnighter without sleep - its inefficient..go to bed by 3am
Reply 4
TheWolf
mate there is no way you can do an allnighter without sleep - its inefficient..go to bed by 3am

I think you're right, and I'm aiming for that, but probably getting up at 6ish to cram for the exam...

I just want to get through it with as many marks as possible, I don't care how bad I feel by the afternoon - I'll sleep then :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah, really do. Nothing worse than taking an exam without having had enough sleep. You won't remember anything once you start getting tired anyway!
Reply 6
what subject u doing?

do all nighters work??
Reply 7
goliath
what subject u doing?

do all nighters work??

Psychology.

And I'll tell you tomorrow :wink:
Reply 8
goliath
what subject u doing?

do all nighters work??

No! Not for exams, they don't. Going to bed early and getting up early works for me... but you still need lots of sleep.
Reply 9
slowjamz
I think you're right, and I'm aiming for that, but probably getting up at 6ish to cram for the exam...

I just want to get through it with as many marks as possible, I don't care how bad I feel by the afternoon - I'll sleep then :smile:

You'll get more marks i think if you have more than 3 hrs rest - you would be able to focus more on the exam rather than lose concentration. Is this GCSE, AS or A-level?
Reply 10
MadNatSci
No! Not for exams, they don't. Going to bed early and getting up early works for me... but you still need lots of sleep.

Me too, usually, but if I go to bed now, I just won't know the stuff. I think I stand a better chance of cramming and missing some sleep, enduring the exam (it's only an hour and a half) and then sleeping afterwards!
Reply 11
im terrified i cant do this ocr a2 synoptic geog

so hard

and i dnt no enuff case studies :frown:
Reply 12
i nearly did an allnighter - and after an allnighter, you dont sleep great anyways, you get abit worried, and i have really shit dreams such as graphs going all wrong lol
Reply 13
Silly Sally
You'll get more marks i think if you have more than 3 hrs rest - you would be able to focus more on the exam rather than lose concentration. Is this GCSE, AS or A-level?

A-level. I'm really torn between the fact I haven't revised a few sections so will literally fail the exam if they come up, and between needing sleep/a clear head.
Reply 14
slowjamz
A-level. I'm really torn between the fact I haven't revised a few sections so will literally fail the exam if they come up, and between needing sleep/a clear head.

learn it
Reply 15
goliath
im terrified i cant do this ocr a2 synoptic geog

so hard

and i dnt no enuff case studies :frown:

Is it tomorrow?
Reply 16
TheWolf
i nearly did an allnighter - and after an allnighter, you dont sleep great anyways, you get abit worried, and i have really shit dreams such as graphs going all wrong lol

Hehe, all I've dreamt about this week is exams anyway... after my Philosophy exam I dreamt I was one mark off an A :tongue:
Reply 17
yes im trying 2 learn as many case studies as i can

i figure that if i know them then i cant go 2 wrong as the main marks is knowledge :confused:
Reply 18
TheWolf
learn it

I'm thinking cram til 3ish, sleep til 6ish, then cram til I have to leave (8ish). Best of both worlds I hope...
Reply 19
goliath
yes im trying 2 learn as many case studies as i can

i figure that if i know them then i cant go 2 wrong as the main marks is knowledge :confused:

Good luck. I completely sympathise with how you feel right now. Hope you manage to get through some stuff and get a bit of sleep.

Latest

Trending

Trending