Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else trying to pull a revision all-nighter tonight? I'm bored, tired and getting jittery from too much coffee! Any tips on making this worth the sleep deprivation?

(Original post by slowjamz)
    Anyone else trying to pull a revision all-nighter tonight? I'm bored, tired and getting jittery from too much coffee! Any tips on making this worth the sleep deprivation?
    when is your exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaa911)
    when is your exam
    In 8 hours

ReputationRep:
    mate there is no way you can do an allnighter without sleep - its inefficient..go to bed by 3am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    mate there is no way you can do an allnighter without sleep - its inefficient..go to bed by 3am
    I think you're right, and I'm aiming for that, but probably getting up at 6ish to cram for the exam...

I just want to get through it with as many marks as possible, I don't care how bad I feel by the afternoon - I'll sleep then

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, really do. Nothing worse than taking an exam without having had enough sleep. You won't remember anything once you start getting tired anyway!

ReputationRep:
    what subject u doing?

do all nighters work??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goliath)
    what subject u doing?

do all nighters work??
    Psychology.

And I'll tell you tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    what subject u doing?

do all nighters work??
    No! Not for exams, they don't. Going to bed early and getting up early works for me... but you still need lots of sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're right, and I'm aiming for that, but probably getting up at 6ish to cram for the exam...

I just want to get through it with as many marks as possible, I don't care how bad I feel by the afternoon - I'll sleep then
    You'll get more marks i think if you have more than 3 hrs rest - you would be able to focus more on the exam rather than lose concentration. Is this GCSE, AS or A-level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    No! Not for exams, they don't. Going to bed early and getting up early works for me... but you still need lots of sleep.
    Me too, usually, but if I go to bed now, I just won't know the stuff. I think I stand a better chance of cramming and missing some sleep, enduring the exam (it's only an hour and a half) and then sleeping afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    i nearly did an allnighter - and after an allnighter, you dont sleep great anyways, you get abit worried, and i have really **** dreams such as graphs going all wrong lol

ReputationRep:
    im terrified i cant do this ocr a2 synoptic geog

so hard

and i dnt no enuff case studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly Sally)
    You'll get more marks i think if you have more than 3 hrs rest - you would be able to focus more on the exam rather than lose concentration. Is this GCSE, AS or A-level?
    A-level. I'm really torn between the fact I haven't revised a few sections so will literally fail the exam if they come up, and between needing sleep/a clear head.

ReputationRep:
    A-level. I'm really torn between the fact I haven't revised a few sections so will literally fail the exam if they come up, and between needing sleep/a clear head.
    learn it

ReputationRep:
    im terrified i cant do this ocr a2 synoptic geog

so hard

and i dnt no enuff case studies
    Is it tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    i nearly did an allnighter - and after an allnighter, you dont sleep great anyways, you get abit worried, and i have really **** dreams such as graphs going all wrong lol
    Hehe, all I've dreamt about this week is exams anyway... after my Philosophy exam I dreamt I was one mark off an A

ReputationRep:
    yes im trying 2 learn as many case studies as i can

i figure that if i know them then i cant go 2 wrong as the main marks is knowledge :confused:

ReputationRep:
    learn it
    I'm thinking cram til 3ish, sleep til 6ish, then cram til I have to leave (8ish). Best of both worlds I hope...

ReputationRep:
    yes im trying 2 learn as many case studies as i can

i figure that if i know them then i cant go 2 wrong as the main marks is knowledge :confused:
    Good luck. I completely sympathise with how you feel right now. Hope you manage to get through some stuff and get a bit of sleep.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.