Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    3 hours sleep is ok, but when you wake up youll feel total ****, and youll be ****ing tired in the first hour im sorry to say, but after an hour, youll feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    3 hours sleep is ok, but when you wake up youll feel total ****, and youll be ****ing tired in the first hour im sorry to say, but after an hour, youll feel better
    Yeah, you're right, it's a crap feeling, but as long as I get through the exam I don't care how I feel before and after. Thanks for the reassurance... now back to the books I go!

ReputationRep:
    if im in bed by 3 i get 4 hrs sleep

then i have concentrated coffee

is this the best way 2 go about it or shud i give up and go 2 bed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goliath)
    if im in bed by 3 i get 4 hrs sleep

then i have concentrated coffee

is this the best way 2 go about it or shud i give up and go 2 bed?
    coffee and shower is ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Yeah, you're right, it's a crap feeling, but as long as I get through the exam I don't care how I feel before and after. Thanks for the reassurance... now back to the books I go!

Really really good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    At least an hours sleep is essential to get the infomration you have taken in transferred to your longer-term memory, and improve recall. You could consider meditation if that's your sort of thing as a quicker viable alternative to sleep.

That said, I wish you the best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Ack! You need 8 hours sleep before an exam, I had 3-4 before my P3 and my mind was just a blur. I had 10 hours before another exam, with little revision, and my mind was ticking over very nicely

(this could just be that I suck at p3)

Good luck, post the outcome!

ReputationRep:
    i had never done an allnighter/drunk coffee/drunk red bull till last week, i done 2 all nighters and suprisingly it wasnt that bad. i tried to sleep but couldnt caus i was thinkin about revision. the red bulls really do work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    i had never done an allnighter/drunk coffee/drunk red bull till last week, i done 2 all nighters and suprisingly it wasnt that bad. i tried to sleep but couldnt caus i was thinkin about revision. the red bulls really do work!
    i only got up 2day at 12 so i wanna be tired but im not my exams in 8 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leonux)
    At least an hours sleep is essential to get the infomration you have taken in transferred to your longer-term memory, and improve recall. You could consider meditation if that's your sort of thing as a quicker viable alternative to sleep.

That said, I wish you the best of luck
    Thank you I'm aiming to sleep between 3am and 6am, because I do find my recall improves after sleep and hopefully that's a decent compromise. Fingers crossed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderboy)
    Ack! You need 8 hours sleep before an exam, I had 3-4 before my P3 and my mind was just a blur. I had 10 hours before another exam, with little revision, and my mind was ticking over very nicely

(this could just be that I suck at p3)

Good luck, post the outcome!
    I guess everyone's different... I can usually function temporarily on very little sleep and so hopefully will be okay for the exam, but will be a wreck by tomorrow night Thanks for the luck, I may need it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i only got up 2day at 12 so i wanna be tired but im not my exams in 8 hours
    Argh, I envy you! Mine's also in 8 hours but I got up at 8.30 today and am shattered

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!!! Just don't fall asleep in the exam room!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do this as well. I'm going to go to bed at 4 and wake up at half 6, and revise my ass off :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly Sally)
    Good luck!!! Just don't fall asleep in the exam room!!
    Thanks! All these good luck messages are cheering me up at least And I'm planning on a toast, tea and Red Bull breakfast that should have me so awake I can't sit still, lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CentGas)
    I'm going to do this as well. I'm going to go to bed at 4 and wake up at half 6, and revise my ass off :confused:
    Yay, another one. Hard going isn't it Good luck though - what's your exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Yay, another one. Hard going isn't it Good luck though - what's your exam?
    Psych unit 4, constant remembering complete crap

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how u can answer a synoptic geog questions 2 get a gd mark with fairly limited knowledge?

i think im gna hang myself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CentGas)
    Psych unit 4, constant remembering complete crap
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    You've made such a mistake staying up all night! The adverse effects of lack of sleep will more than offset those from not knowing a few things.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.