The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
3 hours sleep is ok, but when you wake up youll feel total shit, and youll be fucking tired in the first hour im sorry to say, but after an hour, youll feel better
Reply 21
TheWolf
3 hours sleep is ok, but when you wake up youll feel total shit, and youll be fucking tired in the first hour im sorry to say, but after an hour, youll feel better

Yeah, you're right, it's a crap feeling, but as long as I get through the exam I don't care how I feel before and after. Thanks for the reassurance... now back to the books I go!
Reply 22
if im in bed by 3 i get 4 hrs sleep

then i have concentrated coffee

is this the best way 2 go about it or shud i give up and go 2 bed?
Reply 23
goliath
if im in bed by 3 i get 4 hrs sleep

then i have concentrated coffee

is this the best way 2 go about it or shud i give up and go 2 bed?

coffee and shower is ok :smile:
slowjamz
Yeah, you're right, it's a crap feeling, but as long as I get through the exam I don't care how I feel before and after. Thanks for the reassurance... now back to the books I go!

Really really good luck!!
Reply 25
At least an hours sleep is essential to get the infomration you have taken in transferred to your longer-term memory, and improve recall. You could consider meditation if that's your sort of thing as a quicker viable alternative to sleep.

That said, I wish you the best of luck :smile:
Reply 26
Ack! You need 8 hours sleep before an exam, I had 3-4 before my P3 and my mind was just a blur. I had 10 hours before another exam, with little revision, and my mind was ticking over very nicely :smile:

(this could just be that I suck at p3)

Good luck, post the outcome!
Reply 27
i had never done an allnighter/drunk coffee/drunk red bull till last week, i done 2 all nighters and suprisingly it wasnt that bad. i tried to sleep but couldnt caus i was thinkin about revision. the red bulls really do work!
Reply 28
chats
i had never done an allnighter/drunk coffee/drunk red bull till last week, i done 2 all nighters and suprisingly it wasnt that bad. i tried to sleep but couldnt caus i was thinkin about revision. the red bulls really do work!

i only got up 2day at 12 so i wanna be tired but im not :frown: my exams in 8 hours
Reply 29
Leonux
At least an hours sleep is essential to get the infomration you have taken in transferred to your longer-term memory, and improve recall. You could consider meditation if that's your sort of thing as a quicker viable alternative to sleep.

That said, I wish you the best of luck :smile:

Thank you :smile: I'm aiming to sleep between 3am and 6am, because I do find my recall improves after sleep and hopefully that's a decent compromise. Fingers crossed...
Reply 30
wonderboy
Ack! You need 8 hours sleep before an exam, I had 3-4 before my P3 and my mind was just a blur. I had 10 hours before another exam, with little revision, and my mind was ticking over very nicely :smile:

(this could just be that I suck at p3)

Good luck, post the outcome!

I guess everyone's different... I can usually function temporarily on very little sleep and so hopefully will be okay for the exam, but will be a wreck by tomorrow night :wink: Thanks for the luck, I may need it!!
Reply 31
alio
i only got up 2day at 12 so i wanna be tired but im not :frown: my exams in 8 hours

Argh, I envy you! Mine's also in 8 hours but I got up at 8.30 today and am shattered :frown:
Good luck!!! :biggrin: Just don't fall asleep in the exam room!! :biggrin:
Reply 33
I'm going to do this as well. I'm going to go to bed at 4 and wake up at half 6, and revise my ass off :confused:
Reply 34
Silly Sally
Good luck!!! :biggrin: Just don't fall asleep in the exam room!! :biggrin:

Thanks! All these good luck messages are cheering me up at least :wink: And I'm planning on a toast, tea and Red Bull breakfast that should have me so awake I can't sit still, lol!
Reply 35
CentGas
I'm going to do this as well. I'm going to go to bed at 4 and wake up at half 6, and revise my ass off :confused:

Yay, another one. Hard going isn't it :frown: Good luck though - what's your exam?
Reply 36
slowjamz
Yay, another one. Hard going isn't it :frown: Good luck though - what's your exam?

Psych unit 4, constant remembering complete crap :frown:
Reply 37
anyone know how u can answer a synoptic geog questions 2 get a gd mark with fairly limited knowledge?

i think im gna hang myself...
Reply 38
CentGas
Psych unit 4, constant remembering complete crap :frown:

Ditto :frown:
You've made such a mistake staying up all night! The adverse effects of lack of sleep will more than offset those from not knowing a few things. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending