05 DH/Regional Health
06 UKL govt osea award
07 Training agency
08 Other UK govt award
09 Overseas Agency
10 UK Industry/commerce
90 Other Source
99 Not Known

I'm Malaysian and I'm applying for a scholarship from a Malaysian company but we won't know the results until April/May. If I don't get the scholarship, I'll try to apply again the next year but until then my parents will most likely pay for the first year.
Holmstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lernongrass)
Which do I choose?

01 Private finance
02 LEA/SAAS/NIBd/EU/Chl/IoM
04 Research councils
05 DH/Regional Health
06 UKL govt osea award
07 Training agency
08 Other UK govt award
09 Overseas Agency
10 UK Industry/commerce
90 Other Source
99 Not Known

I'm Malaysian and I'm applying for a scholarship from a Malaysian company but we won't know the results until April/May. If I don't get the scholarship, I'll try to apply again the next year but until then my parents will most likely pay for the first year.
90 other - edit - no, PQ knows better than me - see their answer

Edit - I guess that the universities will not look at finance until after they have made you an offer, most likely at around the time that applicants start to choose between their offers, and this is likely to be around the time that you would hear back about the scholarship anyway. The fee code only needs to outline your plans at this stage. Each university making you an offer will probably contact you directly, later on, to establish the precise details about your finance.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which do I choose?

01 Private finance
02 LEA/SAAS/NIBd/EU/Chl/IoM
04 Research councils
05 DH/Regional Health
06 UKL govt osea award
07 Training agency
08 Other UK govt award
09 Overseas Agency
10 UK Industry/commerce
90 Other Source
99 Not Known

If you get the scholarship let your firm/insurance universities know directly.

Don't put 90 - it will just cause complications and extra hassle. Whether you get the scholarship or not your fee rate will be based on your international status and so 01 will result in the correct amount being charged.
lernongrass
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Holmstock)
90 other - edit - no, PQ knows better than me - see their answer

Edit - I guess that the universities will not look at finance until after they have made you an offer, most likely at around the time that applicants start to choose between their offers, and this is likely to be around the time that you would hear back about the scholarship anyway. The fee code only needs to outline your plans at this stage. Each university making you an offer will probably contact you directly, later on, to establish the precise details about your finance.
Going with PQ's answer but thanks anyway!
lernongrass
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)

If you get the scholarship let your firm/insurance universities know directly.

Don't put 90 - it will just cause complications and extra hassle. Whether you get the scholarship or not your fee rate will be based on your international status and so 01 will result in the correct amount being charged.
Thanks I will do that And another thing, for the first entry date to the UK section, I have been to the UK but only as a tourist. Should I enter the date I first visited or should I stick with when I expect to enter the UK to start my course?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks I will do that And another thing, for the first entry date to the UK section, I have been to the UK but only as a tourist. Should I enter the date I first visited or should I stick with when I expect to enter the UK to start my course?
Stick with when you expect to start your course. If they think you might already be in the UK then you might cause a muddle when it comes to getting visas sorted.
lernongrass
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Stick with when you expect to start your course. If they think you might already be in the UK then you might cause a muddle when it comes to getting visas sorted.
Thank you again
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (89)
26.65%
England (110)
32.93%
Belgium (27)
8.08%
Germany (39)
11.68%
Spain (7)
2.1%