The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tina
really...do you think they have a good chance? i dont think theyre that strong yet...but then again maybe they are in some areas that have heavy racial problems?

Well not yet, but they could get stronger.
Reply 41
My Local Council may as well be 6ft under judging by some of the "improvements" that have been made recently ... Wigan MBC by the way.

Take a bus , WOULD be a valid point IF the bus wasnt overpriced , underserviced and actually doesnt take me to work.. I would require a Bus and a Taxi to reach my destination which is clearly more hastle than its worth.. Not only that I dont pay Road tax , Fuel Tax , and god knows how many other direct or indirect taxes to leave my car in the street.

I can see where you are coming from , slightly , in that if you live up here in the north we dont seem to get as much cash as the south. And maybe i should complain to my local council MORE than I have in the past ( if that is actually possible ).

Here's another example of the AMAZING and MYSTERIOUS decisisons made by our local council.

- There has been a roundabout placed on a road leading from my house to the main drag ( high street ) This roundabout is to allow traffic from a new housing estate easy access to an already MASSIVELY overcrouded road. This roundabout is nothing short of a joke, there is not real need for it as I have NEVER had to give way to ANY traffic so far after the roundabout being in place about 3 months. Not only that there is a new system of allowing a police man to sit in the new housing estate catching people skipping the roundabout ( not that I agree with goign straight over ). AND there is a Cycle lane which starts where the roundabout is , and ends where it finishes.. So , there was no cycle lane before or after but magically you have to give way to cyclists on the roundabout...

I wont lie and say to you that I am a voter , I dont vote. I dont think any of the current "options", I use that term VERY loosely, are valid. And any / all policies laid out by the parties are purely to get them in power...

To add to an already heated debate , I have to say that the ammount of tax I pay ( and my family , and thier families etc.. ) would be better spent on ACTUAL improvements , than seemingly making things far worse to get in more cash for the local council. Also , I think that the ammount of cash being spent on providing "asylum seekers" with brand new homes , furnishings , food , etc.. Is nothing short of the government extracting the urine.... As far as my area is concearned , people dont think that allowing hoards of people into the country with no real ability to speak our language or become self-sufficient is a valid move. If people need help , then help , dont allow the common working man to be exploited and then tell him hes not when its plastered all over the papers every day.

* I saw in the paper two incidents , the first being that a muslim man in this country slit his daughters throat as she was "Too western" .. And the second was an illegal immigrant stabbing his baby to death in a shop.. I dont know the full story but these arent the kind of people I would buy a pint down my local.

( again I appologise for my ranting , Im a man with alot to say , but unfortunately 90% is b0l0x ) ;oP
Reply 42
We have an obligation to protect people who are persecuted. Its called kindness. You can't put a price on pain and suffering.

You can't generalise migrants. The majority come to this country because of it freedoms etc and aspire to the same things you do. Yes you will read a few things in the paper, but that is a very tiny minority.
Reply 43
Quote :: We have an obligation to protect people who are persecuted. Its called kindness. You can't put a price on pain and suffering.

You can't generalise migrants. The majority come to this country because of it freedoms etc and aspire to the same things you do. Yes you will read a few things in the paper, but that is a very tiny minority.

NOTE :: I am guessing that I have made my points about my local council being brain dead pretty well as you havent disputed them any more :wink: Trust me they bite.

------------

I am a kind person , give to charity , give to the homeless , give give give.. I think you are either working for Tony Himself or havent driven around enough and observed the increasing problem.

I recently split up with my girlfriend in coventry , I spent a good few months down there and lets just say , she didnt live in a mansion.. I saw the 'other' side of society for a while. The fact is that while i was there I drove through areas where migrants are housed in large high rise blocks at taxpayers expense and the areas around these pockets of migrant housing IS increasing. I heard many horror stories about people being mugged , raped , shot , robbed , and generally being battered by a strange new wave of criminals... I respect that the area I was in wasnt exactly top notch before the influx of migrants to that area... But IT HAS got ALOT worse...

My point is simple - Take the migrant situation in the US with the Columbian refugees ( hyped by the 80's movie 'Scarface' ) by allowing droves and droves of criminal or unsavouy elements into the country and housing them in already overpopulated areas will inevitably result in an increase in crime as the criminal element begin to form a new network and adapt to the area they are in... This applies equally in our case , by allowing MASSES of legal and illegal 'fugees' to come and stay in this country we have created and fuelled the hatred that most people have for all migrants... And the situation will not get any better unless the general public see something being done.

I DO NOT hate migrants who come to this country for legitimate reasons. I DO hate the fact that the government is so blind to just about everything that the people say regarding this matter.. If this were a TRUE democracy , I think the public would have quite a valid and opinionated view on the whole situation by now, based on experience. 1 in 60 ( i think ) people in this country is now an illegal/legal immagrant. Is that not enough ? If Blair can allow a hock handed man to fuel western hatred in a mosque probably built with tax payers money in the UK and then rub salt in the wound by giving him and his wife over £1000 a month , a house etc. then as far as I can see hes useless, and so is his party.

ALSO FINAL NOTE :: I know that there are a hell of alot of thugs , thieves and brutes in this country who have been here since they were dragged out of the whomb.. Spungers who live off handouts when they could just get a job. This whole thing isnt a race issue , its a look at the state of our own people , why let god knows how many million more potential problems into a country with its own internal problems that need solving ? We are an aggressive nation by nature , and we concentrate our police power on trapping people speeding instead of catching the guy with the gun that caused the car to speed off in the first place..

--- www.hackers-resource.com ---
I think Im gonna register this forum rocks ! Again applogies for spelling / grammar etc...
Reply 44
I have just registered and wanted to make sure that I got replies mailed to my new account.. Erm.. So thanx. Carry on , blast me as thy will.
Archangel- HR
1 in 60 ( i think ) people in this country is now an illegal/legal immagrant.

Place of birth (all people)
Born in UK - 53883986
Born elsewhere in EU (inc Rep Ireland) - 1306731
Born outside EU - 3598477

If you judge an immigrant to be someone who wasn't born in this country then 2.2% of the population is an immigrant from the EU and another 6.1% of the population comes from outside the EU.

That's 1 in 12 people.

:biggrin:
Reply 46
Pencil Queen
Place of birth (all people)
Born in UK - 53883986
Born elsewhere in EU (inc Rep Ireland) - 1306731
Born outside EU - 3598477

If you judge an immigrant to be someone who wasn't born in this country then 2.2% of the population is an immigrant from the EU and another 6.1% of the population comes from outside the EU.

That's 1 in 12 people.

:biggrin:

LoL ! Thank god for the researchers !

So , we have a figure 1 in 12.. Sounds like a borg collective to me, but still - I have shifted my views on this to another thread more dedicated to migration so this will be my last post..

So Archies Final Though :: People coming into this country with a skill and a relatively clean background ( legal and health wise ) is fine... People forcing thier way into the country under false pretences or simply forcing thier way in full stop is not the UK showing kindness ... Its exploitation of the british people ( / UK to be PC ).

Latest

Trending

Trending