The Student Room Group

Strained eyes

When I seem to do eye-intensive tasks like my driving lesson or at work on the computer for long periods my eyes feel so strained. I haven't been for an eye test for years, would that be anything to do with it? However I passed the driving plate eye test they do at the start. Normally my eyes are fine, its just when doing the eye intensive tasks. I don't have a clue what it is!
I would book an eye test if I were you.
Reply 2
Original post by Nefarious
I would book an eye test if I were you.
From my memory I think they prescribed me with the lowest power reading glasses when I was about 14 after saying I was on the borderline for years. Being a typical teenager I didn't wear them (they were only for reading). I am now 18 so I should probably book an appointment. I just have no idea if its me being clumsy or I need glasses. Its strange as I don't think I have a vision problem like I can't see the text in a book, my eyes just seem to get strained easily which is really annoying and effects my driving lessons, is that even an optical problem or me being clumsy. lol. I don't want to get there and they think I'm an idiot because I don't think I have a problem with actually "seeing" my eyes just strain real bad when doing eye-intensive tasks.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
When I seem to do eye-intensive tasks like my driving lesson or at work on the computer for long periods my eyes feel so strained. I haven't been for an eye test for years, would that be anything to do with it? However I passed the driving plate eye test they do at the start. Normally my eyes are fine, its just when doing the eye intensive tasks. I don't have a clue what it is!

As @Nefarious said, the best and the most important thing to do is to arrange an appointment to the doctor. But until you do that, make sure you look away at distant objects every now and again when you are doing intensive tasks. It helps...
Reply 4
Thanks for your advice.. i'm not really an eye expert. It sounds like I better book a test. Sound is sound likely I will need glasses or something?
You should really get your eyes tested. I used to strain my eyes a lot - I knew my sight wasn't good but I kept putting off getting an eye test because I really didn't want to wear glasses. When I finally got round to getting my eyes tested I was told I needed to wear glasses all the time. I know I made my eyes worse by straining them & if I'd got them tested a couple of years earlier I'd probably only need glasses for reading, computer use etc.

Quick Reply

Latest