The Student Room Group

Will they let me resit the ISA?

I got a low B in the Biology ISA as I had no idea what I was doing.

In mock exams, I got an A* (49), a solid A in unit 2(forget the mark) and am yet to do a unit 3 mock with little revision, so i would hope for an A* overall in the real thing.

The problem is with a low ISA mark, I would have to practically get full UMS in all of the exams to get an A*, and to even get an A overall I would have to get a high A in all three exams.

I find it stupid that they give so much weight to the ISA because a tiny mistake can cost you a grade in the whole thing.

So will they let me resit the ISA? Can I use parts of my previous ISA that gained full marks? And is there still time left to do it? (In y11)
Original post by qawsx
I got a low B in the Biology ISA as I had no idea what I was doing.

In mock exams, I got an A* (49), a solid A in unit 2(forget the mark) and am yet to do a unit 3 mock with little revision, so i would hope for an A* overall in the real thing.

The problem is with a low ISA mark, I would have to practically get full UMS in all of the exams to get an A*, and to even get an A overall I would have to get a high A in all three exams.

I find it stupid that they give so much weight to the ISA because a tiny mistake can cost you a grade in the whole thing.

So will they let me resit the ISA? Can I use parts of my previous ISA that gained full marks? And is there still time left to do it? (In y11)

This is not technically true - my friend got B,B,C (B1, B2, and B3 respectively) and an A* in the ISA and still snagged an A in her GCSE biology.My other friend got A,A,B and an A* in the ISA and got an B in her GCSE biology. It's about UMS, not standalone grades.

So will they let me resit the ISA?

That depends entirely on your school - you'll have to go talk to your teacher/the head of biology in order to find this out.

Can I use parts of my previous ISA that gained full marks?

If you were to re-take, you'd have to do a different ISA - so no, it wouldn't work.

And is there still time left to do it?

Yes -I know people who haven't done their ISAs yet (myself included) and last year. we did our biology ISA in March, so you do have time.

If you can retake, then good luck. If you can't, don't worry. The A,A* grade is still achievable, just focus on the exams in May. :smile:

Quick Reply