The Student Room Group

Should I try and run for head boy?

Ive been thinking about applying for head boy for some time now, and i was wondering is there any point in it? The only reason i want to do it is so that is makes my uni application look better, but do unis even value being head boy that much? Would it make a huge difference to them offering me a place???
if it came down to choosing between you and another candidate who was not head boy, they would probably choose you ?

:dontknow:
Reply 2
only do it if you want to and can handle the responsibility
its a good thing to put on your personal statement because it teaches you leadership, communication, teamwork and loads of other skills

idk what your school are like but my school find the future head boys/ girls in year 7 X'D

they bring the year 7 kids (only 2 or 3) and bring them to all the head team meetings :tongue:
There is no reason for you to not apply, so you might aswell go for it
In itself it will make essentially no difference at all. However, it may well lead to you being given a more positive reference which certainly won't hurt. I wouldn't waste more than a few words on it in the personal statement.
Just go for it :smile:
Original post by F121121
Ive been thinking about applying for head boy for some time now, and i was wondering is there any point in it? The only reason i want to do it is so that is makes my uni application look better, but do unis even value being head boy that much? Would it make a huge difference to them offering me a place???

I hate this line
Why not just walk for it? :hmmmm:
Original post by Mpagtches

PRSOM :angry:
Original post by Mpagtches

Original post by Mystery.
PRSOM :angry:

No, no you misunderstand.

The head boy will be most displeased if the OP does not run for him.

The head boy will probably cane him or toast him on the fire if he walks :wink:
Reply 10
...😂
Original post by Student403
I hate this line
I remember when I applied for prefect and didn't get it then a girl who also didn't get it cried to the person who made the decisions and then got prefect. NGL, I was actually more salty because that happened then if the decision making process was the end for everyone.
Head boy??? The traditions get gayer by the year...
i was head girl
i think it shows leadership but its not much tbh
Original post by nulli tertius
No, no you misunderstand.

The head boy will be most displeased if the OP does not run for him.

The head boy will probably cane him or toast him on the fire if he walks :wink:

How can you be so sure? Maybe the head boy secretly hates him and wants him to walk because running might pose a threat to him ?

Quick Reply

Latest