Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to make an official complaint? watch

    • Thread Starter


    I have just received some of my grades and was extremely disappointed with my overall grade I was given for my final project.

    This grade has affected my overall grade and will in turn effect what degree I come out with, I know a lot of people may suggest that this is a case of "sour-grapes" but I feel strongly that I have a case and that I should do this through the "correct channels".

    Can anyone (ideally lecturers or other senior members) give me some sound advice on how I should approach this situation. I have basically been given a much lower mark than I and many others expected. I have not previously made such a fuss about the grading system but this time I feel they have taken this too far.

    The university in question is Wolverhampton, a less than senior lecturer has given me a poor grade for my final project in which I completed a very technical yet fully working shopping e-commerce site developed in ASP. I personally feel his lack of knowledge in this technical field has had a 'negative knock-on effect' and therefore my lower than expected grade.

    Any advice you can provide at this time would be extremely appreciated.



    To be honest, i don't think there is much you can do. Unlike exams, u can view them at all universitys i would think, and look at the marking for any mistakes. For coursework, their decision tends to be final.

    Marking programming type coursework can be strange, you have to meet the coursework's critera to get a high mark. For example, in one of my modules, i had a labtest on Javascript and HTML, the test had two questions, i couldn't get none of the two programs to work, and i though i failed it, my friend got both his codes to work. So basicially, i though i failed, and he though he got over 90%......and then when results came i got a comfortable 1st and he just scape a 3rd......lol.....

Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.