Keep failing my driving test

Watch
The Milk Thief
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've failed 3 driving tests, and I don't really understand why I just can't do it on the day. I don't think it's nerves as most people seem to like to say, I think I'm just a poor driver when it comes to the test. I just do ridiculous things; pulling out in front of people, hitting the curb, I'm just a total disaster. I'm fine in lessons, and my instructor wouldn't let me book a test on less he felt I was ready.

But if it's not nerves, and I genuinely don't think it is, then wtf is wrong with me?
Emad1993
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Milk Thief)
I've failed 3 driving tests, and I don't really understand why I just can't do it on the day. I don't think it's nerves as most people seem to like to say, I think I'm just a poor driver when it comes to the test. I just do ridiculous things; pulling out in front of people, hitting the curb, I'm just a total disaster. I'm fine in lessons, and my instructor wouldn't let me book a test on less he felt I was ready.

But if it's not nerves, and I genuinely don't think it is, then wtf is wrong with me?
don't worry much, by taking more lessons you will get it soon
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Its about more practice so things come as second nature, its about absolute concentration and will to pass on the day and it's also a little about the luck of what happens on the test. Keep at it and these things will come together and get you to success.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Spend more time driving at various times including weekdays and weekends and in different weather conditions - with a friend or a relative (think they need to be at least 21 and have held their license for 3+ years).

Switch driving instructors as well.
Goaded
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if it makes you feel better I passed mine on wednesday

jks but you'll get it eventually. I know a guy who did it eight times lol
sandvika
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please God don't let this person get a drivers licence
shaymarriott
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of course it's nerves

Posted from TSR Mobile
sabrinaa1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dont worry. So much proffesional drivers do this all the time. You are bound to hit the curbat one point-it doesnt mean youre a bad driver, youre just human lool. Im worried about you pulling out infront of people. Only idiots and drunk people would do that. Only go if you have space and dont let the driver behind you pressure you. Your never going to see them again but your license is there forever. Practice is the ont answere here. Also try booking your test in the morning-most people pass at this time

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (101)
13.4%
I'm not sure (32)
4.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (236)
31.3%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.39%
I'm not a current university student (367)
48.67%

Watched Threads