The Student Room Group

Moving abroad midway during studies.

Hello Folks

Well. I am midway through my HNC studies and I have decided I am sick to death of it. I have spoken to older family members who have followed a similar career path to myself and they have advised me that to do the jobs I want to do (warzone contracting and overseas oil and gas work) it would really help to have a full Bachelors-ENG degree (im currently studying mechanical engineering at HNC) as HNC/Ds are not really recognised abroad. Anywho I have discussed it with family members who have said they dont really know. I have also asked multiple lecturers, only 1 of which has given an answer which is vague. The question is, if I where to drop out with a good HNC grade (A/B) this summer, how long of an educational break can I take before I can no longer return for a Bachelors with my 1st year exempt. I intend to continue work in an engineering field (Automotive mechanics) in the USA as that is the field which I have previous experience working in prior to going to college.

Incase it helps my father emigrated to the US 2 years ago so I think I am applicable for a green card, also I currently hold a cities&guilds in vehicle fitting. Also I am studying in Scotland (University of Highlands & Islands).

Thanks
CAElite

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending