Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am wondering about the courses in the Fin&Econ Msc at LSE.

For the 3 mandatory courses ( EC411 Microeconomics for MSc students, AC436 Financial Economics, AC437 Financial Econometrics), no choice obviously. But any comments, on the quality, preparation, readings?

Then the question is about the 2 (among 8) half unit options that we have to choose. Of course it depends on our own goals. But do you know which ones are particulary good? Which ones should we avoid? Does it make a difference for first employment?

And last question, should we work on the prerequisites from now, or will we have time to catch up with them in Oct?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    hi janol,
    i was looking at doing corp finance theory but that seems to be an advanced course and has a high level of prereqs.
    i will probably do portfolio mgt and secuirty analysis and valuation.
    might change after speaking to people once i get there.

ReputationRep:
    Also intended to do corp fin theory, but quite worried about the prereq. So I'll probably take security anaysis and valuation instead.

I'd also like to do a course a bit more on te quant side. The A&F department website speaks about a time series forecasting course, and says it's intended for F&E students, but this course is not among the 8 half unit options on the MSc's web page. Any insight ?

ReputationRep:
    But the thing is if you take corp finance as your main options and followup along the line,whats your advantage against the A&F student,whatever in academics or in job looking?

we have to think it two times.

ReputationRep:
    The Valuations course is the most popular but a couse like Quantitative methods for finance and Risk analysis as well as Derivatives look good. I think those two are the most difficult though. (I am doing MSc in ACC and Fin by the way.)

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 2, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.