The Student Room Group

*senstive* What's the youngest age...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nulli tertius
No. God will call you when he needs you.

I know that. I was saying when I was 6 years, my grandmother passed away. Of course I wasn't told and I was used to seeing my grandmother and I asked where she went and I was told she went to heaven. So I said I wanted to go as well... I was 6, man! It made 130% sense back then. That's until I came to learn later down the line. Not getting why you quoted me...
Original post by Imperion
I know that. I was saying when I was 6 years, my grandmother passed away. Of course I wasn't told and I was used to seeing my grandmother and I asked where she went and I was told she went to heaven. So I said I wanted to go as well... I was 6, man! It made 130% sense back then. That's until I came to learn later down the line. Not getting why you quoted me...

What I was saying was what your parents should have said to you when you said, aged 6, you wanted to go to heaven.
What I was saying was what your parents should have said to you when you said, aged 6, you wanted to go to heaven.

That wouldn't have helped me... I presume I thought of heaven as just another town or something.
That wouldn't have helped me... I presume I thought of heaven as just another town or something.

Interesting.

As a small child I always thought "Parking" was a town. We used to pass so many signs to it in the car.
Reply 24

I suppose that song didn't help?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting.

As a small child I always thought "Parking" was a town. We used to pass so many signs to it in the car.

:rofl: Goodness, the things we think of as kids :tongue:

Original post by Andy98
I suppose that song didn't help?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What song?

Spoiler

Reply 26
What song?

Spoiler

Heaven is a place on earth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by claireestelle
I don't think any age is too young, I was always told if a relative died.

This (for me.)(Actually I think I wasn't told about one, because I guessed people didn't deem relevant.)

I had a parent die younger than that and anyone I ve known has been told of deaths at 11 so I think your sibling should be told really.

Same here.
Original post by Andy98
Heaven is a place on earth?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no memory of that song :lol:
I was several years younger than that when I lost a close relative, and I was told. I wasn't made to go say goodbye, though.

I don't see how such news can be avoided. I mean, there will always be questions about why someone isn't around any longer. Lies might be even more distressing than the truth, and can cause resentment in the long run. It's all about how the truth is told, in my opinion.
It depends on how close the relative is. I was six when my grandfather died and I was told. It's never an easy thing to do, but better at eleven than half that age. I'm a firm believer in telling them when it happens rather than x years later, when they might see it as worse because they've been lied to the entire time, but that's just my opinion
Never. Only when they turn 18 do you inform them where all their grandparents and people disappeared to over the years
f*cka yuuuu Santa!
Well I actually saw my friend perish in front of my eyes. I 720 no scoped him on rust.
The friendly TSR Satanist... :tongue:
Reply 35
I don't think any age is too young, I was always told if a relative died.

This. My brother and I were told when our grandad died when we were 4 and 5.
Reply 36
Original post by gemmam
This. My brother and I were told when our grandad died when we were 4 and 5.

Woah, really.. That's so young!
Reply 37
Original post by Mystery.
Woah, really.. That's so young!

Yes, what else could our parents tell us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was told my grandmother's gone to heaven I said I wanted to go as well :laugh: Idk how you reply to that.. especially to a 6 year old xD When they're mature enough OP

I did the same thing... I remember when a relative died not knowing what 'dying' actually was so I asked my dad. He said it means you become an angel in the sky. I asked him if everyone gets to die and he said yes and I excitedly announced that I couldn't wait to die so I could have wings and fly! I think I was about 4.

Quick Reply

Latest