The Student Room Group

I can't be bothered REVISING, but yet I want a good set of GCSE's

Hey guys, so basically I have 2 end of unit exams for biology after Christmas break, and I don't have the passion to revise yet I want good grades, bit pathetic I know. I also have my proper ICT GCSE exam after Christmas break too, but I litrelly Cba revsising. Anyone please help me, what is wrong with me? :frown: I AM IN YEAR10 btw!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
If you get in the habit of doing regular and committed revision now, then it will become second nature when it really matters before your exams, and at A-level, where structured revision is crucial. Don't make revision a boring thing, try and make it 'interesting' especially for the subjects you enjoy.
I completely understand, I'm in year 11 now but I had to do my core science in year 9 and didn't bother revising and I got a B over all which I guess isn't bad, but I knew I could do better and it's honestly the worst feeling mate.
Just do it, if you think about it, it's only for a short while that you'd have to revise and if you get good results it would be worth it, don't be that person (me) who knew they could have done better but didn't bother trying!
Reply 3
you don't deserve good GCSEs if you're not bothered to work for them

unless you wanna live in a cardboard box down the road you better BUCKLE DOWN AND WORK SON!
Reply 4
Original post by RDB1826
If you get in the habit of doing regular and committed revision now, then it will become second nature when it really matters before your exams, and at A-level, where structured revision is crucial. Don't make revision a boring thing, try and make it 'interesting' especially for the subjects you enjoy.

Thank you, Well how do I make it interesting and not boring :/
Reply 5
Original post by nailahjr
Thank you, Well how do I make it interesting and not boring :/

Instead of constantly reading from a revision guide or a textbook, search for the topic on YouTube, find a good youtuber. This will help break up the revision. Hank Green from Crash Course Biology on YouTube makes the content at least mildly entertaining, and gives a good summary. Use different revision techniques, could be flash cards, revise with a friend (although don't get distracted, I actually preferred to work on my own). Listen to music while revising, gets you through it!
(edited 8 years ago)
I probably should be telling you that you need to go and revise your little heart out but tbh that would be hypocritical and blatantly untrue. I did f*ck all throughout my GCSE years in terms of revision right up until the night before the exams and I came out if it with a full set of A*s.

So relax! Enjoy this time... Trust me, I'm doing my A2s now and when it comes to A levels you cannot get away with not revising.

EDIT: Just seen you're only in year 10 so not even sitting your GCSEs this year! In that case you don't even need to think about revision for over a year.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
if you cba revising, just do **** loads of past paper coz it's gonna help. It will tell you what the exam board really wants, and you'll see the 'pattern' of exam questions. They ask similar things over and over again (for science at least) Just have to get the idea of questions and rmb what they want you to answer. GCSE is freaking easy trust me
Reply 8
Original post by RDB1826
Instead of constantly reading from a revision guide or a textbook, search for the topic on YouTube, find a good youtuber. This will help break up the revision. Hank Green from Crash Course Biology on YouTube makes the content at least mildly entertaining, and gives a good summary. Use different revision techniques, could be flash cards, revise with a friend (although don't get distracted, I actually preferred to work on my own). Listen to music while revising, gets you through it!

Thankyou for your help, i thorougly appreciate it. You are a life saver!!!
Reply 9
Original post by Platopus
I probably should be telling you that you need to go and revise your little heart out but tbh that would be hypocritical and blatantly untrue. I did f*ck all throughout my GCSE years in terms of revision right up until the night before the exams and I came out if it with a full set of A*s.

So relax! Enjoy this time... Trust me, I'm doing my A2s now and when it comes to A levels you cannot get away with not revising.

EDIT: Just seen you're only in year 10 so not even sitting your GCSEs this year! In that case you don't even need to think about revision for over a year.

wow you got amazing results, how? you must be natrually clever! Anyway thanks for your help!
Reply 10
Original post by n2001
Hey guys, so basically I have 2 end of unit exams for biology after Christmas break, and I don't have the passion to revise yet I want good grades, bit pathetic I know. I also have my proper ICT GCSE exam after Christmas break too, but I litrelly Cba revsising. Anyone please help me, what is wrong with me? :frown: I AM IN YEAR10 btw!!

Bro...I'm doing my gcses rn and so far, even though it hasn't even been that hard, I've still been sleeping through the exams and doing a couple of pages. For my english lit today, I only done one question. And icl, I'm not even fazed. So babes, thank me for lowering the grade boundaries for you lol
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply