The Student Room Group

The Gender Wage Gap Is A Complete Myth

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/07/the-gender-pay-gap-is-a-myth/

Women from ages from around 20-40 are actually earning more than men. This is no surprise as more women are going to university now and more women are graduating.

If women really did get paid less for the same jobs then all employers would have hired women only and saved a lot of money - this is clearly not the case in the real world especially now the evidence shows women of certain ages are earning more.

It is only at the age 40 or above that men begin to earn significantly more. It seems to me that most people who complain about this gender wage gap have NO idea what is like to work in a higher position in a corporate environment.

After 40, a lot of workers get promotions to take more responsibilities and receive better pay. This often means longer office hours, more overtime, more meetings, more business trips - just more work. It has also been established that women after this age choose to take more time to spend with their children, or work more flexible hours in a manner which matches up with their lifestyle outside of their work.

What these misinformed feminist women do not understand is, some of these jobs that require 50-60 hours a week, women are choosing not to pursuit them.

So it is through choice these differences occur, and I believe we should respect that. Why do these feminist activists want women to go against their personal choice just to satisfy them? Who is one woman, or any man, to tell another women what career and what hours they should work? Let women make their own choices - if they want to spend more time with their children then why can't they?

Scroll to see replies

Thread prediction:

Feminists will ignore this and continue spewing their BS

MRA are gonna be all up in here crying about all the injustices faced by men

Normal people will read the replies, roll their eyes and then move on with their lives

I'll post some inflammatory posts that'll likely get deleted

Emotionally triggered feminists incoming.
It just mystifies me that something that is so easily debunked is still "accepted wisdom" in society, and receives so much media coverage.

I mean, are people just being wilfully ignorant?
Original post by Zargabaath
Thread prediction:

Feminists will ignore this and continue spewing their BS

MRA are gonna be all up in here crying about all the injustices faced by men

Normal people will read the replies, roll their eyes and then move on with their lives

I'll post some inflammatory posts that'll likely get deleted

Stop marginalizing the eye roll ability of normies. Honestly it's people like you who perpetuate and strengthen the patriarchy, you are ignoring the efforts that us normies put into our eye rolls, something you wouldn't know about due to your privilege, please check it.
I'm reporting you.
Original post by BobbyFlay

I don't think words can describe how much I hate this face. Every time I see this picture, I can hear her shrill screeching in my head. That's genuine PTSD, not that BS you see on tumblr blogs.

Spoiler

I don't think words can describe how much I hate this face. Every time I see this picture, I can hear her shrill screeching in my head. That's genuine PTSD, not that BS you see on tumblr blogs.

Spoiler

Shut up, I'm reading f***face
(edited 8 years ago)
Shut up, I'm reading f*ckface

PRSOM. I actually read it in her voice.

200triggers.png
anybody who honestly still believes in the gender pay gap is about as credible as a creationist to me
PRSOM. I actually read it in her voice.

200triggers.png

I can't not read it in her voice, it's been etched into my mind like a god damn chisel on marble.
I doubt this thread will get many comments to be honest.

People believe what they want to believe despite what the facts tell them. Identity politics is not too dissimilar from religion in my opinion...
I can't not read it in her voice, it's been etched into my mind like a god damn chisel on marble.

triggeredptsd.png
Original post by Chief Wiggum
It just mystifies me that something that is so easily debunked is still "accepted wisdom" in society, and receives so much media coverage.

I mean, are people just being wilfully ignorant?

People like to be told they are treated unjustly.

The Wage Gap itself is a misrepresentation of the issue. It doesn't account for different numbers of hours worked or women going on maternity leave.

Even the BBC reported on this and didn't explain just saying on Radio 2: "It's Wage Gap Day! Women are working for free" and never explained what it meant.
triggeredptsd.png

I summon blue eyes big red in attack mode.
Selling caramel popcorn, hot dogs, and double-edged dildos to enjoy the ensuing debate!
Original post by Hazzardevil
People like to be told they are treated unjustly.

The Wage Gap itself is a misrepresentation of the issue. It doesn't account for different numbers of hours worked or women going on maternity leave.

Even the BBC reported on this and didn't explain just saying on Radio 2: "It's Wage Gap Day! Women are working for free" and never explained what it meant.

Indeed, it's baffling. The way it is covered is deeply unscientific.

Ben Goldacre (a doctor who does a lot of media work in terms of promoting understanding of research/statistics) even tweeted about "women working for free".

I mean seriously, Ben ****ing Goldacre apparently doesn't know that you're meant to control for confounding variables.
I was having a heated debate with someone about this, and I posted this video, the mods swiftly deleted this.

[video="youtube;BDj_bN0L8XM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM[/video]
I summon blue eyes big red in attack mode.

That's appropriation, red belongs to the black dragon. Now the blue eyes white dragon is just stealing it's culture!
I can't even. Someone get me to a safe space and tell this s***lord to check his privilege.
(edited 8 years ago)
That's appropriation, red belongs to the black dragon. Now the blue eyes white dragon is just stealing it's culture!
I can't even. Someone get me to a safe space and tell this s**tlord to check his privilege.

It's okay, I'm 1/16th marginalized.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending