The Student Room Group

Suspected bomb found on Air France plane

Scroll to see replies

thank goodness that it was found in time
I'm increasingly fearful of flying these days...
Reply 3
According to the daily mail it was a fake bomb, on LBC they're saying that there hasn't been confirmation that it was a bomb. Could be just some sick joke.
Reply 4
Original post by DiceTheSlice

Let's be honest here. I get surprisingly pis*** when I hear someone saying what you just did.
Why don't you people realize that being a victim of an air crash has a far lower probability than getting involved in a road crash? If you look at statistics, you'll realize that chances are, you won't even get to the airport alive to make the flight, forget about getting involved in an air crash smh.

Air travel is still the safest mode of transport yet :biggrin:
it was a fake bomb apparently? fisher price?
Reply 6
oh gosh no T_T
I hope it's not a real bomb...
Original post by Hamoody96
Let's be honest here. I get surprisingly pis*** when I hear someone saying what you just did.
Why don't you people realize that being a victim of an air crash has a far lower probability than getting involved in a road crash? If you look at statistics, you'll realize that chances are, you won't even get to the airport alive to make the flight, forget about getting involved in an air crash smh.

Air travel is still the safest mode of transport yet :biggrin:

Boarding a plane that will be downed pretty much is a certain death for anyone on the plane. Being someone who can drive a car, I can make lot of decisions that could get me out of a fateful car crash.

I am not bothered with the probabilities. If stats says owning guns in a state doesn't necessarily make the state dangerous I could care less.

Also, since this is severely off-topic quote me in another thread if you want to continue.

Original post by Johann von Gauss
More people die of white people with guns than from bombs in aircraft

... save it
Reply 8
Boarding a plane that will be downed pretty much is a certain death for anyone on the plane. Being someone who can drive a car, I can make lot of decisions that could get me out of a fateful car crash.

I am not bothered with the probabilities. If stats says owning guns in a state doesn't necessarily make the state dangerous I could care less.

Also, since this is severely off-topic quote me in another thread if you want to continue.

Hmmmm, nerp, I didn't want to argue about anything....
Just stating a fact

I think you would drown if you tried to drive from Mauritius to Paris.
Reply 10

You would think the terrorists would have more sense than to be attacking Paris again after the recent attacks.
Original post by nulli tertius

Emirates, Etihad, Qatar Airways.

In that order only :colondollar:

Since 2010 there has been exactly one plane brought down by a bomb. That incident resulted in the death of 224 people.

In the same timeframe there have been approximately 14 billion passengers who have made journeys by plane.

So over the last 5 years approximately 0.0000016% of passengers have been killed by a bomb on their plane.

Sounds pretty damn safe to me...
false alarm it is
shall i start it off for the terrorist apologists and moderate muslims? "nothing to do with Islam" & "not all Muslims"...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AlwaysWatching
shall i start it off for the terrorist apologists and moderate muslims? "nothing to do with Islam" & "not all Muslims"...

It was a false alarm
Reply 17
Original post by AlwaysWatching

It was a false alarm so nice try :smile:

Not if you had a car that was also a submarine. Duh.
What's the chances it is Tibetan terrorists?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending