The Student Room Group

Year 11s: I want to revise early, but don't feel the urge to start. What about you?

I attained 3As, 4Bs and a D in my mock exams. However, I want to improve and achieve grades notably higher than my mock ones - i.e. A*s. For this reason, I want to smash revision early so it's just a matter of going over subject content briefly towards the latter stages of Year 11.

Anyone else choosing to start?

Would someone be willing to make a timetable for me? (Yes, I have tried 'creating a timetable' websites which are ironically TSR's affiliates).

The 2016 examinations are fast approaching and all of us, here on TSR, we must make an early start rather than putting revision off until April time. For all of us to stay motivated, we could form some sort of a revision group whereby we can increase effectiveness in studying and confidence.

Merry Christmas and good luck all to of you for 2016!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Neymar da Silva
I attained 3As, 4Bs and a D in my mock exams. However, I want to improve and achieve grades notably higher than my mock ones - i.e. A*s. For this reason, I want to smash revision early so it's just a matter of going over subject content briefly towards the latter stages of Year 11.

Would someone be willing to make a timetable for me? (Yes, I have tried 'creating a timetable' websites which are ironically TSR affiliates).

The 2016 examinations are fast approaching and all of us, here on TSR, we must make an early start rather than putting revision off until April time. For all of us to stay motivated, we could form some sort of a revision group whereby we can increase effectiveness in studying and confidence.

I am also planning to revise soon, perhaps the last week of the holidays. However, when it comes to January I want to do regular revision because I have my second set of mocks in February. I'm predicted all A*'s so it's a lot to live up to especially as exams are in 4 months time.

I read somewhere that you can create a whatsapp revision group where you can easily message people if you need help and thought that was a really good idea!

Anyways good luck with revision and Merry Christmas to you too!
I'm in this situation as well, I just finished my mocks but haven't gotten my results back yet.

I was thinking about starting revision early (as in now) but I'm not entirely sure if it's going to benefit me because I can cram the night before and still come out with decent grades? On top of that i think I've probably made 10 incredibly good timetables that I have managed to not follow :smile:.

A revision group would be so good, lack of motivation is probably the reason I'm managing to do everything but revise.

Merry Christmas!
dont let your dreams be dreams
Original post by mxskaan
I am also planning to revise soon, perhaps the last week of the holidays. However, when it comes to January I want to do regular revision because I have my second set of mocks in February. I'm predicted all A*'s so it's a lot to live up to especially as exams are in 4 months time.

I read somewhere that you can create a whatsapp revision group where you can easily message people if you need help and thought that was a really good idea!

Anyways good luck with revision and Merry Christmas to you too!

Thank you. I aspire to achieve the predicted grades you have set! Talking of the revision group, I don't really use WhatsApp; any other social platform that we could use?
Reply 5
Enjoy Christmas, don't revise this early just for GCSEs for the love of god!
Reply 6
Thank you. I aspire to achieve the predicted grades you have set! Talking of the revision group, I don't really use WhatsApp; any other social platform that we could use?

No problem! I'm sure you'll get excellent results. GCSE's are very much of a memory test. If you remember all the content then you're guaranteed at least an A so people can go from C's to A*'s just by doing effective revision that sticks with them.

I don't really mind what social media platform it is. :smile:
Reply 7

Would someone be willing to make a timetable for me? (Yes, I have tried 'creating a timetable' websites which are ironically TSR's affiliates).

I'm in year 11 also and I've started revising. I'm even doing it now. I revise 2hrs a day. You should start revising now cos imagine opening your envelope on the 25th of August 2016 and seeing the grades you didn't want so that's why I'm revising now but it's not taking over my holiday :h:.

Good luck in 2016 :biggrin:
Better early than late :P
Reply 9
Gcses you can ace through cramming. So it depends how much of an effective crammer you are.

I have done my a levels but at gcse I didn't start revising till about 4 weeks before them all and crammed like mad and I got all A*'s
Start revising now (20th of Dec) , when Christmas starts approaching (Around 23 of Dec), take a 5 day break/time off to celebrate, but that's really up to you! What subjects are you taking?
Original post by justag
Enjoy Christmas, don't revise this early just for GCSEs for the love of god!

When are you starting?
Reply 12
When are you starting?

I did my GCSEs years ago, got good grades and didn't start til Easter.
Reply 13

Lets use the PM feature.
I want to joing the group lol

Quick Reply

Latest