Is certification the same thing as cashing in?

Watch
universitytsr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am a private candidate planning to re-sit several A-level written modules and practical modules. I want my modules to be cashed in.

The exam centre only gives the option of 'Certication?' on their application form. I ticked the box. Does certification mean they are going to cash-in my modules? Or only giving the certificate?? I know I can email the officer to ask if they will do the cashing in for me but I am worried that they will be annoyed, so I came here to ask if certification and cash-in are the same thing. If they are, then I won't have to email them to ask. Thanks a lot!
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by universitytsr)
Iso I came here to ask if certification and cash-in are the same thing.
Certification=cash-in.
bubblingtsr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you very much for your answer.

Does anyone know if it is possible for two centres cashing-in my re-sit modules in the same examination season e.g. June 2016, i.e. one centre cashes-in my re-sit practical modules and another centre to cashes-in my re-sit written modules, and I will receive the final A level grade with the modules marks I gained at the two centres? The centre says 'modules can only be aggregated at one centre only i.e. if you are taking modules in more than one centre and wish to aggregate your units you must make the request at one of the entering centres'. Do I need to make the aggregation request at one centre, or can I just ask both centres to cash-in the modules in order for me to get a final certificate and grade with all the modules I re-sat at both centres? Or will it not be possible for another centre to cash-in my re-sit modules marks of a subject if another centre has done cash-in for my other re-sit modules of that subject in the same examination season?
bubblingtsr
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If a centre does cash-in for me, will all the modules I have re-sat be cashed-in, i.e. including the modules that I have re-sat at another centre?

If one centre cashes-in modules for me for one subject e.g. Chemistry for a particular exam season, does it mean that another centre will not be able to do cash-in for me for that particular subject and that particular exam season?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bubblingtsr)
If a centre does cash-in for me, will all the modules I have re-sat be cashed-in, i.e. including the modules that I have re-sat at another centre?

If one centre cashes-in modules for me for one subject e.g. Chemistry for a particular exam season, does it mean that another centre will not be able to do cash-in for me for that particular subject and that particular exam season?
As long as all of your entries have been made using the same unique candidate identifier (UCI - a 12 digit, single letter code that uniquely defines you) then your best attempt at each unit, where ever it has been taken, will be the one used in your overall grade when you cash-in.

There is nothing to stop you being cashed-in for different subjects at different centres, regardless of whether they are with the same exam board - or not.
bubblingtsr
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Compost)
As long as all of your entries have been made using the same unique candidate identifier (UCI - a 12 digit, single letter code that uniquely defines you) then your best attempt at each unit, where ever it has been taken, will be the one used in your overall grade when you cash-in.

There is nothing to stop you being cashed-in for different subjects at different centres, regardless of whether they are with the same exam board - or not.
Thank you very much this clears my worries
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads