Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The polls are now showing Cruz slightly ahead in Iowa.
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/...blican-primary

Iowa often gives a prompt to New Hampshire where Trump is still strongly ahead, but perhaps Rubio will come a good second with the momentum behind him.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mary-3350.html

Either way, will Trump last long beyond NH? Does he really have what it takes, or is he just another pre-Primaries flash in the pan who will burn and fizzle out shortly?

Who do we think is going to win the Republican nomination, presumably Rubio has to be the favourite?
sleepysnooze
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
...how is rubio going to beat trump? how do you conclude this? just from iowa and new hampshire alone?
PrincessZara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
idk, by the looks of it very far
thunder_chunky
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sadly Trump would go all the way. He would stop being funny and become entirely unfunny and dangerous, which is why he should not become POTUS.
The Diplomat.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As far as his hair will take him
Bulbasaur
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Kind of hoping he wins the nomination. That way we can be certain of a Clinton presidency, and the rest of the world will sigh in relief at another 4 years without a Republican President. Not perfect of course, but we might have a little more stability in foreign affairs. These guys make George W. look like a pacifist, rather than the warmonger he actually was...
Betelgeuse-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So sick of how the presidential election gets so much coverage from non Americans in news and my social feeds (Not saying posters in here arent Merican) The election is like a year away anyway ffs?

Hope he goes far , cant stand Hilary Clinton and the tears would be tasty.
ubisoft
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hillary or Trump and the whole world is ****ed. Please no.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In a perfect world he would get the nomination to block the other republican candidates, then America will have a few months to realise he's totally unelectable and let Clinton (or ideally Sanders, but him getting the democratic nom is almost certainly not going to happen) grab the win. The field of republican candidates is awful this year, there's at least half a dozen making it onto the debate podiums that would have been fringe candidates in the last couple of elections at best, so I'd rather Trump beat them all and then lost support when it came to choosing the actual president.

I do expect Trump will get the nomination, normally I'd suspect someone like him to fall at the last hurdle but the man seems incapable of ****ing up- he's essentially running on one issue and regularly saying completely inappropriate things and he just continues to get stronger in the polls.
Mpagtches
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He will go all the way to visit his many golf courses for a nice relax and a holiday.

Spoiler:
Show
You're fired :mad:
Johann von Gauss
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
I do expect Trump will get the nomination, normally I'd suspect someone like him to fall at the last hurdle but the man seems incapable of ****ing up- he's essentially running on one issue and regularly saying completely inappropriate things and he just continues to get stronger in the polls.
Unfortunately, white Christians are still in the majority in America, so Trump's rhetoric resonates with the electorate...
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Johann von Gauss)
Unfortunately, white Christians are still in the majority in America, so Trump's rhetoric resonates with the electorate...
Unfortunately you're right, hopefully there's a sufficient amount of realists among the republican voter base who will choose a bad democratic candidate over an idiot republican one.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by Betelgeuse-)
So sick of how the presidential election gets so much coverage from non Americans in news and my social feeds (Not saying posters in here arent Merican) The election is like a year away anyway ffs?

Hope he goes far , cant stand Hilary Clinton and the tears would be tasty.
The election's a year away, but the Primaries are coming up soon, so it's not outlandish to be discussing this and you don't have to participate, there are loads of other threads. Some of us are interested.
WesternSpring
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've never seen anyone online who supports Cruz. It's all Trump.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Unfortunately you're right, hopefully there's a sufficient amount of realists among the republican voter base who will choose a bad democratic candidate over an idiot republican one.
I think in the unlikely event that Trump does make it to be the candidate, there will be a mass defection to Hilary and she will landslide all 50 states. (Well, maybe not Alaska. :teehee:)

I really don't see Trump making it though, the party machines in many of the key states are simply too strong. Bush is still waiting in the wings and I still suspect we may be facing another Clinton-vs-Bush general election, although that's hardly a pleasing prospect. :rolleyes: Jeb Bush will probably take Florida and Texas, which gives him a big slugging advantage later on in the process.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by WesternSpring)
I've never seen anyone online who supports Cruz. It's all Trump.
It can be misleading in the early stages, because the pollsters find it very difficult to identify which Republican supporters will actually vote in Primaries. Iowa and New Hampshire often throw up shocks.

If Trump does make it to the top in New Hampshire he will have a head start, but he has some very big party machines in big states to win over and they won't want him.
Awesome Genius
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He will win the republican nomination (proving how disgusting redneck republicans are) and then lose by a land slide in the general election.
demx9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He's going all the way ..
demx9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
presumably Rubio has to be the favourite?
Hahaha .. Trump will probably lose Iowa because they are a bunch of evangelicals, he's winning everywhere else tho

Trump hits a high of 39 percent among Republican primary voters

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-gop-race.html
demx9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Awesome Genius)
and then lose by a land slide in the general election.
There were already some polls putting Trump ahead of Clinton, and Trump hasn't even started on her (look at how Bush ended up haha) ..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Today on TSR

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (61)
17.23%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (98)
27.68%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (136)
38.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (48)
13.56%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.11%

Watched Threads