The Student Room Group

Nutrition/ Dietetics Applicants 2016 entry

hello:smile: I haven't yet seen a thread for 2016 Nutrition/Dietetics applicants so I thought I'd make one:

I'm applying to:
University of Nottingham: Bsc Nutrition, MNutr Nutrition and Dietetics
University of Surrey: Bsc Nutrition/Dietetics
London Metropolitan university: BSc Dietetics and Nutrition
Coventry University: BSc Dietetics

AS level results: Photography, Biology, Chemistry, Geography (A*ABB)
A2 predictions: Biology, Chemistry, Geography (AAB/ABB)

GCSE'S: 10 GCSE'S (A*-B)

Where have you applied/ where are you applying?
What work experience have you got?
Have you received any offers yet?
Hi! I'm applying to study Dietetics too!
I've applied to Coventry, Leeds Beckett, Cardiff Met, Surrey and Plymouth Ive heard back from them all Ive got interviews for them all apart from Surrey who rejected me :frown:
Have you heard back from any of yours yet?
Reply 2
Original post by triphazards
hello:smile: I haven't yet seen a thread for 2016 Nutrition/Dietetics applicants so I thought I'd make one:

I'm applying to:

Hi! I'm also applying to start in September. I've applied for Hertfordshire, Kings, London Met and Nottingham (in order of which I want most). So far I've got interviews with Herts & London Met, haven't heard back from the others.

I heard back from London Met the same day my application was sent so these long waits from Kings & Nott are making me nervous!

I haven't done any work experience yet but I have some booked in a well-known hospital for next June and I'm shopping around for some more. I also have experience working in private medical clinics and I currently work part-time for a charity.
Original post by triphazards

I'm applying to:

Original post by chelsea0607
I've applied to Coventry, Leeds Beckett, Cardiff Met, Surrey and Plymouth Ive heard back from them all Ive got interviews for them all apart from Surrey who rejected me :frown:

Original post by MiddKitty
Hi! I'm also applying to start in September. I've applied for Hertfordshire, Kings, London Met and Nottingham (in order of which I want most). So far I've got interviews with Herts & London Met, haven't heard back from the others.

I heard back from London Met the same day my application was sent so these long waits from Kings & Nott are making me nervous!

I haven't done any work experience yet but I have some booked in a well-known hospital for next June and I'm shopping around for some more. I also have experience working in private medical clinics and I currently work part-time for a charity.

Hey! I've applied for Nutrition and Dietetics , and nutrition on its own for Nottingham. Also, I've applied Dietetics at Coventry , who sent me an interview email today.

I really want to get into Notts :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by chelsea0607

Did Surrey say why they rejected you? :frown: I'm really hoping Kings doesn't reject me outright like that. It's not my first choice but when people on my course asked me where I'd gotten interviews I got mixed up and said that I'd heard back from Kings but not Herts (it was the other way around). I then proceeded to panic because Herts IS my first choice and I thought everybody on my course except me had received interview dates! Doh. :colondollar: I'll look like a right idiot if Kings reject me outright now!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonbabes
Hey! I've applied for Nutrition and Dietetics , and nutrition on its own for Nottingham. Also, I've applied Dietetics at Coventry , who sent me an interview email today.

I really want to get into Notts :smile:

I've heard great things about both Nottingham and Coventry so I bet you'll have a fantastic time if you get in!

Have you heard back from Notts yet? There's another Nutrition & Dietetics thread and one person there said they'd heard they were waiting for the deadline before offering interviews. However, another girl said she was offered an interview with them very recently...ahh, the stress! :eek:
I've heard great things about both Nottingham and Coventry so I bet you'll have a fantastic time if you get in!

Have you heard back from Notts yet? There's another Nutrition & Dietetics thread and one person there said they'd heard they were waiting for the deadline before offering interviews. However, another girl said she was offered an interview with them very recently...ahh, the stress! :eek:

Aha aw x what made you choose the course?

I've not heard from Notts yet :/.. nervous
Reply 7
Aha aw x what made you choose the course?

I've not heard from Notts yet :/.. nervous

Well I'm quite big on healthy living because I've witnessed what happens when you don't take care of yourself, and I naturally enjoy and am good at life sciences anyway. So this course jumped out at me from the second I heard about it. I've been set on it for about two years now -- I'd left school to work but I went back to studying with the sole aim of getting onto this course lol. How about yourself?

I know it's scary...everything gets real when you're invited to your first interview.
Well I'm quite big on healthy living because I've witnessed what happens when you don't take care of yourself, and I naturally enjoy and am good at life sciences anyway. So this course jumped out at me from the second I heard about it. I've been set on it for about two years now -- I'd left school to work but I went back to studying with the sole aim of getting onto this course lol. How about yourself?

I know it's scary...everything gets real when you're invited to your first interview.

Aww that's cute <3. Same here! Well my reasons are pretty same as you lol

Yh truee
Hi I'm applying for Dietetics too :smile:
I'm doing a third year in college atm doing Biology A level and Chem AS, I've already got an A in A level psychology and B in A level English.

As I'm not doing A2 Chem I'm limited to where I can apply so I'm only applying to Chester and Surrey for dietetics but then also applying for just nutrition there as well.

I've got offers from Surrey & Chester for nutrition (need a B in Biology for Surrey and C for Chester) and I've got an interview for Chester in Feb, but haven't heard back from Surrey yet 😁

Dietetics is my first choice but if I don't get onto either course then I'll do nutrition and hope to do a post grad dietetics degree. 😊
Original post by lau_davies
Hi I'm applying for Dietetics too :smile:
I'm doing a third year in college atm doing Biology A level and Chem AS, I've already got an A in A level psychology and B in A level English.

As I'm not doing A2 Chem I'm limited to where I can apply so I'm only applying to Chester and Surrey for dietetics but then also applying for just nutrition there as well.

I've got offers from Surrey & Chester for nutrition (need a B in Biology for Surrey and C for Chester) and I've got an interview for Chester in Feb, but haven't heard back from Surrey yet 😁

Dietetics is my first choice but if I don't get onto either course then I'll do nutrition and hope to do a post grad dietetics degree. 😊

I don't know why they look at Chemistry, as I believe it's more biochemistry based than chem alone
I don't know why they look at Chemistry, as I believe it's more biochemistry based than chem alone

yeah I was pretty gutted that I didn't take chemistry sooner :/ and you do biochemistry modules in biology A level anyway so I thought it would be okay but apparently not haha
The invitations that people have received by post from Notts, are for open days. For example January 27nth is one of the open days for the faculty of biosciences

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww that's cute <3. Same here! Well my reasons are pretty same as you lol

Yh truee

Original post by thisislola1997
The invitations that people have received by post from Notts, are for open days. For example January 27nth is one of the open days for the faculty of biosciences

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it for an interview?
Isn't it for an interview?

I believe not, you may confirm with admissions
Anyone heard from Notts
Reply 16
Hiya have anyone got offers from nottingham

Quick Reply

Latest