killin things Watch

This discussion is closed.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i have been driving for just under a month...and untill today i hadnt killed anything....but then driving home from my mates house a bird flew into the front of my car and went splat. so once id cleaned its blood off my car among other things...i left for work....and as i passed the spot where id killed the bird this morning....another one flew into my car....so now ive killed 2 birds in one day...and im mentally scarred.

love Katy ***
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
i have been driving for just under a month...and untill today i hadnt killed anything....but then driving home from my mates house a bird flew into the front of my car and went splat. so once id cleaned its blood off my car among other things...i left for work....and as i passed the spot where id killed the bird this morning....another one flew into my car....so now ive killed 2 birds in one day...and im mentally scarred.

love Katy ***
You're better than my mum. We'll be driving along the motorway when a bird lands about 300 yards from the car in the same lane. Now my mum slams the brakes and we stop about 200 yards from the bird. Behind us you can hear tyres screaching as everyone else brakes.

The bird just stands there looking about. My mum starts again, this time very slowly for another 25 yards then stops. Again tyres screech and horns blare. Then the bird flies off, and my mum gets back to cruising at about 90mph (she doesn't mean too, but she doesn't pay much attention.
Toyosi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Take comfort. My mum hit a deer once. Twas a sad day for all.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Strange aint it... Highway Code clearly states that you aren't even meant to swerve out of the way, or even come to a stop for a dog or the likes, and yet instinctively we just can't do that.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Strange aint it... Highway Code clearly states that you aren't even meant to swerve out of the way, or even come to a stop for a dog.
I think you do have to swerve out of the way for a dog because it is a domestic animal. If you run over a dog you have to report it to its owner and not keep on driving. Cats, and other things can be run over because they are seen as wild animals. Mind you i wouldn't fancy driving into a horse or cow.
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Mind you i wouldn't fancy driving into a horse or cow.
Imagine that though...just driving a long..then...BOOM! you nail a cow and flies up into the air like a twister just hit it

CR
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
then...BOOM! you nail a cow and flies up into the air like a twister just hit it

CR
LOL Not laughing at the fate of the cow, but the memory of the film Twister where that cow just happens to disappear up the funnel of the twister along with a tractor
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
If you drive into a horse/cow, i think you'll find it will come straight through your wind-screen and you'd be lucky to come out of your car alive.
mr.black
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

love Katy ***
you evil wench, EVIL! EVIL! EVIL!
byb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i like that tv advert, about some energy drink, with the fly that looks like its about to be squashed by a window, then drills through the front and the back windows. Hehe.

Ad
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
i like that tv advert, about some energy drink, with the fly that looks like its about to be squashed by a window, then drills through the front and the back windows. Hehe.

Ad
No it's crap.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unregistered)
I think you do have to swerve out of the way for a dog because it is a domestic animal. If you run over a dog you have to report it to its owner and not keep on driving. Cats, and other things can be run over because they are seen as wild animals. Mind you i wouldn't fancy driving into a horse or cow.

omg...i was driving up the same road earlier (bout 8:30pm) and i was going round a blind corner and a horse was running towards me....i crapped myself...and i know its stoopid but i pressed the panic button (yes my car is cool and has a panic button which locks all the doors) and locked myself in the car. i was so scared. (i have a phobia of horses) then some random guy came runnin round the corner talking on his mobile. now duh how stoopid can you get - its a 60 mile an hour road and hes running round blind corners in the middle of the road!!!

oh well.

love Katy ***
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
omg...i was driving up the same road earlier (bout 8:30pm) and i was going round a blind corner and a horse was running towards me....i crapped myself...and i know its stoopid but i pressed the panic button (yes my car is cool and has a panic button which locks all the doors) and locked myself in the car. i was so scared. (i have a phobia of horses) then some random guy came runnin round the corner talking on his mobile. now duh how stoopid can you get - its a 60 mile an hour road and hes running round blind corners in the middle of the road!!!
*snorting with laughter while imagining the scene*
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

oh well.

love Katy ***
Did you actually crap yourself?
Toyosi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My god woman! Where do u live?
Suk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Theres nothing wrong with a few killings like that! Ive done it enough times in my car, just going up my drive, hit a squirrel the other day infact.
But because i live on a farm, ive hit many other animals(some times intentially - ie rats!!) and the odd rabbit- i felt badish, but no doubt the worst is in the fields on the tractor when u kill many many mice and frogs and the worst was when i killed a partridge which i jst didnt see in the neck high grass, when i noticed id hit it, i got out, and found another partridge and about 5 baby ones under it, i was about half a foot from killing them all - and that would have made me feel baaaaad.
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i have an atrium in my kitchen and thats all that birds do...they just crash crash and crash into the glass and i'm always left to clean up the dead corpse...

CR
Toyosi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My friend actually goes out of his way to kill rabbits which aren't even on the road. Am ashamed to know him.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Did you actually crap yourself?

not in the went to toilet sence of the word no.

love Katy***
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toyosi)
My god woman! Where do u live?

in wales???

love Katy ***
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads