The Student Room Group

I wish I was an ONLY CHILD!! What do I do?!

I have 7 siblings!
4 sisters and 3 brothers, so in total (including me) it's 8 kids and mum and dad!

I'm 15 (girl), and my sisters are 14, 12, 11, 7, 6 and my brothers are 4, 2 and 4 months old!

Life at home is a nightmare, my siblings and I rarely get along and we're constantly FIGHTING!

We have 3 bedrooms, one for my parents and baby brother, one for my two brothers and a bedroom my sisters and I, all 5 of us!

My two sisters (14 and 12) are both the same size as me! So they are constantly wearing my clothes! If they can't find their t-shirt, trousers, jeans, skirt, pyjamas, socks or basically ANYTHING, they just decide to wear mines! I have told them for the billionth time NOT to waer my clothes but they won't simply care!
My parents are telling me that I am over-exaggerating and it's not a big deal if they wear my clothes. The just don't understand me!

But when it's sleeping time, that's when things get even WORST!!! :angry:

I have REALLY sensitive ears, I can't sleep when anyone's talking or EVEN WHISPERING!!! My siblings are constantly and constantly speaking and speaking non stop! I swear to god, no matter how many times I tell them to keep quiet they won't bloody listen!

Speaking to my parents didn't help either, they'd tell them to keep quiet and they'd listen just for a few minutes but once they're gone everything goes back to normal!

I wish and TRULY wish if I could have my own bedroom so that I could sleep PEACEFULLY and have my clothes locked up in a separate cupboard!
But my parents won't move to another house because they bought our house!

At times, I just wonder how would my life be like if I was an only child!

:argh::argh::argh:
Trust me, being an only child isn't great! As for night time, perhaps get ear plugs to wear when you sleep to block out the noise. I can't think of a way to help with stopping them wearing your clothes unfortunately, but I'd say you feel this way about your sisters because you all share a room, there is no space for alone time. Perhaps you could go stay at a relatives house once every couple of weeks to give you a break?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I have 7 siblings!
4 sisters and 3 brothers, so in total (including me) it's 8 kids and mum and dad!

I'm 15 (girl), and my sisters are 14, 12, 11, 7, 6 and my brothers are 4, 2 and 4 months old!

Life at home is a nightmare, my siblings and I rarely get along and we're constantly FIGHTING!

We have 3 bedrooms, one for my parents and baby brother, one for my two brothers and a bedroom my sisters and I, all 5 of us!

My two sisters (14 and 12) are both the same size as me! So they are constantly wearing my clothes! If they can't find their t-shirt, trousers, jeans, skirt, pyjamas, socks or basically ANYTHING, they just decide to wear mines! I have told them for the billionth time NOT to waer my clothes but they won't simply care!
My parents are telling me that I am over-exaggerating and it's not a big deal if they wear my clothes. The just don't understand me!

But when it's sleeping time, that's when things get even WORST!!! :angry:

I have REALLY sensitive ears, I can't sleep when anyone's talking or EVEN WHISPERING!!! My siblings are constantly and constantly speaking and speaking non stop! I swear to god, no matter how many times I tell them to keep quiet they won't bloody listen!

Speaking to my parents didn't help either, they'd tell them to keep quiet and they'd listen just for a few minutes but once they're gone everything goes back to normal!

I wish and TRULY wish if I could have my own bedroom so that I could sleep PEACEFULLY and have my clothes locked up in a separate cupboard!
But my parents won't move to another house because they bought our house!

At times, I just wonder how would my life be like if I was an only child!

:argh::argh::argh:

You've lost me

You said there are 8 kids. You, plus as stated your seven siblings.

However...

1) 15 (you)
2) 14 (sister)
3) 12 (sister)
4) 11 (sister)
5) 7 (sister)
6) 6 (sister)
7) 4 (brother)
8) 2 (brother)
9) 4 months (brother)

Now you specifically said there are 5 of you girls sharing a room.

You seem to have one sister too many.
Reply 3
Hello,

We all wish we were only children from time to time, especially considering if we live in particularly large and not to mention occasionally hectic households!

You mentioned that when discussing these issues with your parents, they seemed to listen and tried to resolve your problem but after a while, they seemed to let it slip past them. How about, grab yourself a piece of paper and a pen and a quiet place to sit, for example, a library or a friend/another close relative's house, and write down all of your concerns, worries and annoyances that have been on your mind recently. That way, you don't have any annoyances or distractions that can break your concentration and thought process when writing. For some people, writing concerns down is a very cathartic means of relieving stress so this method may work for you! Write down how you've been struggling to sleep well at night and how your siblings always help themselves to your clothes, as you mentioned.

Once you've done this, try and find your parents when they're not occupied and they're in a good, calm and/or neutral mood. This will give you a better chance of being able to state and explain your concerns because you have your parents' full time and attention. I'm sure your parents will hear you out and I hope they come to a solution with you.

I hope everything turns out well!
Yours,
FLM3026
kill them all
Reply 5
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
You've lost me

You said there are 8 kids. You, plus as stated your seven siblings.

However...

1) 15 (you)
2) 14 (sister)
3) 12 (sister)
4) 11 (sister)
5) 7 (sister)
6) 6 (sister)
7) 4 (brother)
8) 2 (brother)
9) 4 months (brother)

Now you specifically said there are 5 of you girls sharing a room.

You seem to have one sister too many.

lol think she meant 8 she said including her so 5
is there anything that could be done ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending