The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Preparation???

When should I start buying stationary and clothes for sixth form? After christmas holidays? later? help!!!
Original post by caitlynsundae
When should I start buying stationary and clothes for sixth form? After christmas holidays? later? help!!!

The summer before you start sixth form? It is better to wait so you have an idea of what you will need. For example, some sixth forms supply notebooks for you to write in so it would be a waste of money buying those. Trust me, I went overboard and bought too many folders lol, people may say you need an a4 ring binder for every unit/exam you are taking but you probably dont. It also depends on what subjects you are doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
The summer before you start sixth form? It is better to wait so you have an idea of what you will need. For example, some sixth forms supply notebooks for you to write in so it would be a waste of money buying those. Trust me, I went overboard and bought too many folders lol, people may say you need an a4 ring binder for every unit/exam you are taking but you probably dont. It also depends on what subjects you are doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay thank you!! I might get a lever arch folder for now just for peace of mind, when should I start buying clothes? :smile:
Original post by caitlynsundae
Ah okay thank you!! I might get a lever arch folder for now just for peace of mind, when should I start buying clothes? :smile:

Whenever you wish I guess. I bought clothes for my sixth form the summer before aswell. lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
There is really no need to get anything until the summer before, you will have plenty of time between your GCSE exams and beginning 6th form, and lever arches take up a load of room. If you're anything like me with clothes, you might change your mind about what you actually like to wear by September. Just concentrate on your GCSEs for now, they're much more important than buying all your 6th form stuff.
My advice is to get thin folders for sixth form because before I started Sixth Form I got huge binders. That they wouldn't fit in my bag. And since I'm not the most organised person in the world, it was pretty easy for me to make them unorganised. Another reason for thin folders is because the teachers give you a lot of handouts for every unit that you do, chances are that they will most fill a small folder. I took psychology, and we go through a unit every two months.
I hope you do well, and don't worry too much, it'll be over before you know it.

Quick Reply

Latest