Can you do a Marine Biology degree with a BTEC? Watch

priamelville
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If I was to do a BTEC Level 3 Applied Science (either medicine or forensic route) would I be able to do a degree in Marine Biology or would I have to do A Levels?
ckfeister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by priamelville)
If I was to do a BTEC Level 3 Applied Science (either medicine or forensic route) would I be able to do a degree in Marine Biology or would I have to do A Levels?
Highly recommending A-Level Biology at least.
joshuajb3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Im doing the level 3 extended medcial science course and biology a2 and got offers from unis for the intergrated masters in marine biology so its possible. Only portsmouth requries you to have a C in as biology the rest dont care. But saying that having both puts you at an advantage.
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why don't you look at UCAS/university websites to see whether they accept the BTEC for Marine Biology?
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The following Russell Group unis accept BTEC Applied Science for Marine Biology or similar:

Liverpool - BSc Marine Biology - D*DD
Southampton BSc Marine Biology (with foundation) - DDD
Exeter - BSc Conservation Biology and Ecology - DDD-DDM
Glasgow - BSc Marine & Freshwater Biology - DDM

After a quick look, it would seem you would have a lot more choice if you looked at a more general Biology degree as Marine Biology specifically is only offered at a limited number of universities
Sof193
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I know that I am a bit late but you can definitely do marine biology with Btech.
Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (94)
14.87%
Yes - a food allergy (67)
10.6%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.37%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.53%
No (440)
69.62%

Watched Threads