Kiawiltshire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am completely confused about what I should do when I finish school. My options are to either take psychology, government & politics, geog or Russian, or complete a fashion design course. My predicted grades are A-B, and I am clueless about what I should do.
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I were you, I'd certainly go down the A-level route; it's more likely to guarantee a future career.
meediaabid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd strongly suggest you to do your a levels, I might be biased because education is very important in my opinion but qualifications in those subjects as well would be very impressive
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd agree with the above. Have fashion design as a hobby.
grassntai
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A levels will give you a much stronger foundation in whatever you choose to pursue in the future.
Kiawiltshire
Rep:
?
I agree with everyone, but I do have a great interest in fashion/ fashion design, and would like it as a job. If I chose A levels I have no idea what I would do with them after, but it seems more of a safer option((

Posted from TSR Mobile
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Could you not do an art/textiles a level and then apply for a fashion design degree course?
Kiawiltshire
Rep:
?
I didn't take art or textiles at GCSE, which means that I can't take it at a level

Posted from TSR Mobile
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kiawiltshire)
I didn't take art or textiles at GCSE, which means that I can't take it at a level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you not have a portfolio? I don't think you need art gcse to do art a level. Email prospective sixth form colleges and ask, explaining your situation.
Kiawiltshire
Rep:
?
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ferdowcey Rahman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kiawiltshire)
I am completely confused about what I should do when I finish school. My options are to either take psychology, government & politics, geog or Russian, or complete a fashion design course. My predicted grades are A-B, and I am clueless about what I should do.
Well, I'm taking a fashion course along with my A-levels as it's 100% exam based.
username1229433
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was in your position 3 years ago and in the end, I chose to do A-Levels and BTEC. It was the best decision I have made.

I think you should do A-Levels and have fashion design as a hobby, because A-Levels will open many opportunities for you.

Your options are likely to be limited, if you just study a fashion course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kiawiltshire
Rep:
?
I completely agree that it limits me, but I know that I want a job within the fashion industry. Then I think the a levels that I want to take seem to be interesting, which confuses me

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (55)
60.44%
No (36)
39.56%

Watched Threads