The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Studies show more and more Western women...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Philbert
Lol, get yourself off the MGTOW subreddit and go out and talk to some women.

Actually men are the third fattest in Europe and according to a 2014 Indy article "More men are fat than women with 66.6 per cent classed as overweight and 24.5 per cent obese. Among women, 57.2 per cent are overweight with 25.4 per cent classified as obese." So most people in the UK will have to "settle for a fatty".

That's funny because I highly suspect I've been with more women than you, you fedora wearing neckbeard.
Original post by richpanda
That's funny because I highly suspect I've been with more women than you, you fedora wearing neckbeard.

but have you tried talking to them as if they are people?
Anything on the Daily Mail is utter ****

Funny that you assume that I'm male, let alone a hetero one. And isn't that the sort of appearance-related ad-hom attack that people like you criticize girls for?

Also, you didn't address my point about the obesity stat; I'd be interested in your opinion on something not spoon-fed to you by MRM forum members.
(edited 8 years ago)
That cheating statistic is downright ****ing scary.
Original post by Hashim123
That cheating statistic is downright ****ing scary.

In that case, I'd avoid women who read More magazine. In the meantime, read some actual study reports.
In that case, I'd avoid women who read More magazine. In the meantime, read some actual study reports.

Lol, thanks for that. Not sure why I took that stat on face value, come to think of it. In my defence, it's been a rough morning.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
I can't help it you're too sexy

You just upgraded from asexual harassment to sexual harassment; I'm not sure thats a good thing although I appreciate your attempt at being smooth :rofl:
Reply 48
It's a poll make for More magazine readers, not a representative study.

It's like if you took TSR polls as valuable studies.

"One in four said they would marry for money whilst 39 per cent would sleep with their boss for a promotion. And 27 per cent would have an affair with a married man, while 14 per cent would sleep with their best friend's partner."

Who really believes that?
Original post by Implication
Well, the 'science' in OP's case is a survey conducted by MORE magazine :wink: but yes I'm not a huge fan of the Mail either!

Well in that case!! Bad science indeed 🙈🙈🙈
Funny that you assume that I'm male, let alone a hetero one. And isn't that the sort of appearance-related ad-hom attack that people like you criticize girls for?

Also, you didn't address my point about the obesity stat; I'd be interested in your opinion on something not spoon-fed to you by MRM forum members.

I'd say that the stats are skewed because older men come more from the age of drinking, which leads to obesity. The stats for younger people would be different.
I'd say that the stats are skewed because older men come more from the age of drinking, which leads to obesity. The stats for younger people would be different.

Not really sure what you mean. Age of drinking? Young people certainly do drink, as do women.
Reply 52
Any "study" which claims that one sex has more encounters than the other clearly doesn't have a big enough sample size for any sort of statistical validity, and therefore IMO should be ignored on pretty much everything it says. The report that the Daily Mail writes on it is likely to be an even bigger amount of BS.

If that study is to be believed then to me it's not the number of sexual partners that should be the cause for worry, which judging by other studies I'd question the validity of anyway, but statistics such as "14 per cent would sleep with their best friend's partner". I mean, I knew a lot of women were huge bitches, but I would never assume it would be to that extent.

I'm just glad there's still girls and women in their droves who will only have sex in a relationship and can count their previous partners on one hand.
Just highlights the civilisational depths which the UK has sunk to. All our jobs are done by poles, half the Unis are full of Sri Lankans; it makes you wonder what our youth actually do apart from special brew and gonorrhoea. Yet more evidence (as if it were needed) that that the Sharia that will inevitably come here will give our youth the much needed behavioural kick up the arse which they need.
Original post by HegelianDilectic
Just highlights the civilisational depths which the UK has sunk to. All our jobs are done by poles, half the Unis are full of Sri Lankans; it makes you wonder what our youth actually do apart from special brew and gonorrhoea. Yet more evidence (as if it were needed) that that the Sharia that will inevitably come here will give our youth the much needed behavioural kick up the arse which they need.

do you have any made up statistics to substantiate those falsities?
Reply 55
???? Why are you believing anything that you read in the Daily Mail
Original post by Hashim123
Lol, thanks for that. Not sure why I took that stat on face value, come to think of it. In my defence, it's been a rough morning.

Ah come on, I thought you were better than that man! :tongue:
Original post by SophieSmall
Ah come on, I thought you were better than that man! :tongue:

I was having an off day, okay. ¬.¬
Original post by Alaska+
Mate, just google "why marriage is good for children". There's so much research that proves this, I wouldnt even know where to start.

Promiscuity leads to marriages dissolving, and it also prevents marriages, because many men are unwilling to marry a women with a history of promiscuity.

There are numerous studies that show children from broken or non-existant marriages turn out worse later in life than children from stable marriages.

Marriage is a pragmatically pointless exercise to undertake (unless you're doing it for tax purposes, in which case morality doesn't really come into it [which doesn't bode well for your argument, seeing as the underlying subtext seems to be "promiscuity is immoralolololol"]). A relationship will either succeed, or it won't.
If it doesn't, you're left with the potentially massive cost of court fees if it's not an amicable split.
If it does, then you've still wasted loads of money on actually getting married, as well as interrupting everyone else's time by inviting them to engage with your irrelevant attempt to make someone love you forever.

Also, the "research" you're citing is likely incredibly dubious seeing as marriage is a social concept and extremely subjective to each couple (both the actual marriage and the concept of marriage being what's subjective).
If a married couple have children and an unmarried couple have children, then seeing as the parenting skills (and not, as you seem to be assuming, the marital status) of each couple will have the most effect on the children, either couples' kids could grow up to be complete emotional wrecks. Really it's just the luck of the draw, not whether the parents are wearing a ring or not.

I'll concede the point that kids from broken marriages are more likely to be worse off than kids from a stable upbringing, but that too is incredibly subjective to each couple regarding how the break-up was undertaken. Anecdotal evidence isn't the most substantial, but regardless, I know several people whose parents divorced and they turned out fine because both parents were nice people who didn't use the kids as some kind of political bargaining chip during the divorce proceedings. However, considering that the above situation (RE: political bargaining chips) could've been avoided, though perhaps not entirely, as a whole if the parents simply hadn't gotten married in the first place, it does throw doubt onto your argument that marriage is good for kids.
No no. There is nothing empowering about having multiple baby daddies and multiple sex partners. Even when men do it, it isn't cute. Do not mistake modesty and respect for weakness.

Latest

Trending

Trending