College of Law (Bloomsbury or Moorgate) or BPP (Holborn or Birmingham)?

Watch
lansmarie13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello Everyone,

I just completed my Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of London International Programmes in 2014. I am currently considering pursuing the Legal Practice Course (LPC) in September 2016.

As an international student, I do not know much about studying the LPC abroad as well as recommended or suggested universities.

I would prefer to study in and around London. Universities that I were considering include:

Staffordshire University (Although not located in London, I have heard reviews that they are very student friendly)

University of Westminster (Have not heard much about this one except for having one friend who studied here and enjoyed the London experience while studying)

BPP Holborn or Birmingham (I had one friend who studied at Holborn. However, she suggested that if she were to choose again, she would choose College of Law. I have not heard much about Birmingham, but it was suggested by one person I know)

College of Law (I had two people recommend College of Law. I have also read that they have open book exams, as opposed to BPP Holborn which has closed book exams)

I would really appreciate it anyone could offer any advice to me, based on the universities listed above. I have to make a choice of 3 for the LawCabs application.

Personally, I believe College of Law would be my personal choice, but I am unsure of whether I should choose Bloomsbury or Moorgate.

I would like to thank everyone in advice for their responses. As an international student who is not resident in London, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Uni of Westminster1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

Thank you for considering the University of Westminster as one of your choices. Our LPC course is taught in the heart of London at our Little Titchfield Street campus.

You can email our LPC team for further information: [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Patrick
The University of Law
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

Great to hear that you're considering studying the LPC at The University of Law (incorporating The College of Law).

We have two centres in London: Bloomsbury and Moorgate.

Our LPC is pretty unique - when you enroll you get the option of choosing to study for whichever qualification you want to suit your career goals.

You can either choose:

- the core LPC, enabling you to practice as a fully qualified solicitor in the UK, or
- the LPC MSc in Law, Business and Management, which offers you an additional combined Masters qualification, or
- the LPC LLM in Professional Legal Practice, which provides you with an additional Masters of Laws.

Each Master's programme is available at no extra cost.

With regards to assessment types, there's a blend of open and closed book exams, portfolio assessments, take away assessments and multiple choice tests. At the end of the course, if you choose to study the MSc you'll prepare a case study project, or with the LLM, the Professional Practice Research Report.

You may also be interested in taking advantage of our International Study Centre located at our Bloomsbury centre.

If you need any more info, feel free to give us a call on 0800 289997 (freephone) or check out our website.

We've also got some open days coming up in March so feel free to sign up and come and visit us.

Good luck with your application!
The University of Law
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you have any other questions, you can also email our Admissions Team: [email protected]
lansmarie13
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Westminster)
Hi there,

Thank you for considering the University of Westminster as one of your choices. Our LPC course is taught in the heart of London at our Little Titchfield Street campus.

You can email our LPC team for further information: [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Patrick
Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it very much.
lansmarie13
Rep:
?
(Original post by The University of Law)
Hi,

Great to hear that you're considering studying the LPC at The University of Law (incorporating The College of Law).

We have two centres in London: Bloomsbury and Moorgate.

Our LPC is pretty unique - when you enroll you get the option of choosing to study for whichever qualification you want to suit your career goals.

You can either choose:

- the core LPC, enabling you to practice as a fully qualified solicitor in the UK, or
- the LPC MSc in Law, Business and Management, which offers you an additional combined Masters qualification, or
- the LPC LLM in Professional Legal Practice, which provides you with an additional Masters of Laws.

Each Master's programme is available at no extra cost.

With regards to assessment types, it's mostly open book, but there's also a variety of portfolio assessments, take away assessments and multiple choice tests. At the end of the course, if you choose to study the MSc you'll prepare a case study project, or with the LLM, the Professional Practice Research Report.

You may also be interested in taking advantage of our International Study Centre located at our Bloomsbury centre.

If you need any more info, feel free to give us a call on 0800 289997 (freephone) or check out our website.

We've also got some open days coming up in March so feel free to sign up and come and visit us.

Good luck with your application!
Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it very much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (131)
41.99%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (35)
11.22%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (26)
8.33%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.47%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.9%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.09%

Watched Threads