The Student Room Group

super clingy older sister

im 23 and my older sister is 26. all throughout my years in high school my sister was very clingy and insisted she came along no matter where i went even if i was hanging out with my friends. i hoped that it would get better but its even worse now. i now have to lie about plans that i have because she gets so jealous when i hang out with friends that she wont speak to me for days. she constantly sends me messages about how i'm always abandoning her and i'm the reason she always feels so alone. i honestly don't know what to do, i hang out with her as much a i can but some days i just want to hang with friends or just chill out in my room alone but i cant because she will accuse me of ignoring her and hating her! i'm honestly at my wits end what do i do to get her to stop?????
Original post by lostgirl152
im 23 and my older sister is 26. all throughout my years in high school my sister was very clingy and insisted she came along no matter where i went even if i was hanging out with my friends. i hoped that it would get better but its even worse now. i now have to lie about plans that i have because she gets so jealous when i hang out with friends that she wont speak to me for days. she constantly sends me messages about how i'm always abandoning her and i'm the reason she always feels so alone. i honestly don't know what to do, i hang out with her as much a i can but some days i just want to hang with friends or just chill out in my room alone but i cant because she will accuse me of ignoring her and hating her! i'm honestly at my wits end what do i do to get her to stop?????

On the very slim chance this isn't a troll post here is some advice; I think you need to move away for a while, you're 23 years old, explain to your parents that you need time away, pack a bag and go
Get her more involved in things
Reply 3
From the sound of it your sister must not have as much of an opportunity to go out with other people, so relies on her outings with you. Try be supportive and help your sister make friends, join social events/clubs, start new hobbies. Soon she wont want to go out with you as much anymore as shell have friends to go out with instead, so you both win :smile:
Original post by lostgirl152

She's of the reserved type that's all. Just try to hook her up with someone nice. She's gonna be fine :3

And you get many pieces of peace~
How come she doesn't have friends or a boyfriend or her own?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending