Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Maths Fail!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all!

I have sat both of the GCSE Higher AQA papers now for maths and i can't stop thinking that i have failed them!! The possibility that i have failed them is rather high so i will probably end up having to redo it at college but its just getting me down that i cant put it to the back of my mind for the next 70 days until i get my results!!! I keep remembering all of the stupid mistakes i did, and crossing out the right answers ect........ its driving me mad!! Someone have any advice or reassurance or even the answers to the paper so i can see what i got?

Thanks

Lou
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Try nopt to worry about it, last year I was absolutley certain that I'd failed GCSE French because all of my exams went so badly but I ended up getting a B.

The chances are that if you found it so difficult a lot of other people would have found it difficult to- this means an increased likelehood of the exam board lowering the grade bounderies.

ReputationRep:
    Awww, thanks for that! It was really sweet and made me a bit more confident!! Do you know what i mean though, when you analyse the paper over and over and you always pick up on the things you did stupidly and forget the ones that were right?? I suppose its just the way we think!! Thank you so much again, i am really greatful!!

Lou
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA and found the calculator one very hard, and the non hard so they will have low borders (*please :/ *)

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA higher too.

I didn't think the calculator was too bad but the non-calculator was very difficult!

Though most people I know also found it difficult so the grade boundaries will be quite low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly_tiara)
    Hey all!

I have sat both of the GCSE Higher AQA papers now for maths and i can't stop thinking that i have failed them!! The possibility that i have failed them is rather high so i will probably end up having to redo it at college but its just getting me down that i cant put it to the back of my mind for the next 70 days until i get my results!!! I keep remembering all of the stupid mistakes i did, and crossing out the right answers ect........ its driving me mad!! Someone have any advice or reassurance or even the answers to the paper so i can see what i got?

Thanks

Lou
    xxxx
    hey don't worry about it.i found it really hard as well.i was predicated an A* but the way things went i don think im gona get an A. really dont worry, you have physics coming up, conentrate on that. i know how these things work...you just keep thinking about how silly your answers were, then all these scenario's form in your head and they get worse and worse until something impossible happens!! i do that to you know!!
    worrying is not going to help you but it will stress you out big time.you have maths coursework that will help.just smile Lou!!! SMILE!

ReputationRep:
    hi, i did the Edexcel maths higher paper, i would agree taht the first paper (non-calculator) was very hard i think that i got about half of the paper right
    but to my suprise teh second calculato paper was not as hard, i did the first 16 questions with ease and scores at least 75% i was sooo glad

hopefully you will be ok, things are always better that you think!!!, you think tour scared and worried about recisving your results im scared that i might not even recieve my results!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmong)
    hi, i did the Edexcel maths higher paper, i would agree taht the first paper (non-calculator) was very hard i think that i got about half of the paper right
    but to my suprise teh second calculato paper was not as hard, i did the first 16 questions with ease and scores at least 75% i was sooo glad

hopefully you will be ok, things are always better that you think!!!, you think tour scared and worried about recisving your results im scared that i might not even recieve my results!!!
    how'd u find the last few questions about finding the perimeter, triangular prism etc?

ReputationRep:
    Oh Lou, you're not going to fail it! Right, out of two papers according to last year you need 42/200 to get a C and I am near positive you will of got that! Don't doubt yourself, I'm sure you have at least a C in the bag!

The first paper was bloody difficult so no wonder your questioning whether you've failed, although the second was a nice paper so I'm sure you've done great overall.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone! Just to know that loads of you are feeling the same is kinda good because they should hopefully lower the grade boundaries!!! I will just try and forget about it and revise hard for my physics because at the end of the day there is nothing that i can do about my maths now but i can do well on my physics so perhaps i should study for that one!! Yay, you have all reasurred me a little!!! Thanks!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starcrossed)
    how'd u find the last few questions about finding the perimeter, triangular prism etc?
    yeah they were a bit confusing because i didnt actually didnt knwo what they wanted so i did calculations for both angles and said that i didnt understand them but worked out both answers!!! hopefully the examiner will be nice :P

the other question about stratifiede sampling was suprisingly easy once i looked at the thing logically, i knoew what i had to do but i wasnt sure hopw to go about it, but i did some divinding and multiplying and i finally got the righ answers, they adde d up to 50 and the thing was about proportion wasnt it!!!

the ones below were suprising ok for A* i think taht i got one out the two for the second to last question, but i didnt even attempt the final one becasue i didnt know what to do!!!!

did you find the first paper hard??? i think that i only got around 60% for that paper it was very hard in contrast with the second paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly_tiara)
    Thanks everyone! Just to know that loads of you are feeling the same is kinda good because they should hopefully lower the grade boundaries!!! I will just try and forget about it and revise hard for my physics because at the end of the day there is nothing that i can do about my maths now but i can do well on my physics so perhaps i should study for that one!! Yay, you have all reasurred me a little!!! Thanks!

Lou
    xxx
    yeah like she said it is fairly low boundaries anyway and the first paper was the hardest i ahev ever done, i have even seen some of the questions before!!!!!
    how come you have physics??? aing all the exams all over now? i mean my final one is stastics!!!

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.