Watch
carlskep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Because it "glorifies witchcraft"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...itchcraft.html

“For many parents, particularly of evangelical Christian backgrounds and sometimes of some Muslim backgrounds, the occult is not something which exists in fiction and fantasy, the occult is something which is a very living – [a] live part of their faith.”

And this news comes on the heels of the Islamic State executing people for witchcraft last week. In 21st century Britain and we still have such absurd and dangerous superstitions.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by carlskep)
In 21st century Britain and we still have such absurd and dangerous superstitions.
I agree, and both Christianity and Islam are foremost among them.
Ascend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah, yes, Harry Potter that violent, misogynistic, intolerant, bigoted, slavery-condoning, war-mongering, torture-advocating collection of texts...
BaconandSauce
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
I agree, and both Christianity and Islam are foremost among them.
PRSOM
earthworm
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't harry potter just be banned for being ****?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
burn Harry , keep Hermione :hubba:
serebro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
BefuddledPenguin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I want to ban the qu'ran and bible in the classroom because they glorify homophobia, misogyny and violence.

People don't have the right to not be offended, and nor should they.
aamirac
Report 4 years ago
I laughed when I read the title... It sounds so ridiculous :toofunny:
HemmingsHood
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm confused as to why they think teaching their children about Christianity and Islam (Angels, Witchcraft, Magic, Miracles, talking animals) is okay but Harry Potter (a fictional book) is not. Quite absurd.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm Muslim
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ascend)
Ah, yes, Harry Potter that violent, misogynistic, intolerant, bigoted, slavery-condoning, war-mongering, torture-advocating collection of texts...
I heard there was a foiled plot to blow up the Warner Bros. studio in London because people were angry about the repeated depiction of Harry Potter (PBUH).
EccentricDiamond
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
religious morons.
Gnomes&Knights
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maybe Muslims and Christians should say to their children that 'Harry Potter is just a fantasy' or is that too much to ask (takes just a few seconds).
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gnomes&Knights)
Maybe Muslims and Christians should say to their children that 'Harry Potter is just a fantasy' or is that too much to ask (takes just a few seconds).
So much more satisfying to get hot under the collar on Twitter though. Saying private stuff to your kids just doesn't cut it, you would at minimum want it on Facebook.
iamthetruth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who cares about Harry Potter that stuff is fake!
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iamthetruth)
Who cares about Harry Potter that stuff is fake!
Rather like the books that the complainers supposedly devote their time to studying, eh?

Their problem is that they have brought their children up to believe the literal truth of one set of fairy tales and need to make sure they are not exposed to another set lest the children cotton on to the common ground in fiction.
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I swear fam these people need to calm their ****

such killjoys -_-
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This isn't new, people have been calling for it to be banned for promoting witchcraft since The Philosopher's Stone first came out. The appropriate response now is the same as it was back then- ignore the crazy people.
skunkboy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol. That will glorifies Christianity & Islam? Wow...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zweihander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gofre)
This isn't new, people have been calling for it to be banned for promoting witchcraft since The Philosopher's Stone first came out. The appropriate response now is the same as it was back then- ignore the crazy people.
Actually the appropriate response is the next time you're at the mosque or the church, stand up in the middle of the service with a magic wand and point and shout "Avada Kedavra" at the priest/imam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
61.82%
No (42)
38.18%

Watched Threads