The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kitta
I haven't heard of anyone that got rejected from York Law so far, they may bulk it but don't worry about it! I'd wait it out. Don't contact admissions or anything!

Ah damn... I think I've got my mindset as a rejection anyhow; seeing people who have gone in for interviews after me and gained offers doesn't give the best reassurance 😂 No I won't contract them, makes you seem a tad needy doesn't it haha! Thanks for the reply anyhow!! Have you heard anything?
University of York
York
Reply 21
Original post by Kglenc97
Ah damn... I think I've got my mindset as a rejection anyhow; seeing people who have gone in for interviews after me and gained offers doesn't give the best reassurance 😂 No I won't contract them, makes you seem a tad needy doesn't it haha! Thanks for the reply anyhow!! Have you heard anything?

Yes York got back to me with an offer which made me really happy! :smile: but i had my interview december 17th so it was a while ago :smile:!
Original post by Kitta
Yes York got back to me with an offer which made me really happy! :smile: but i had my interview december 17th so it was a while ago :smile:!

Oh cool! Well done! I had mine on the 8th so I'm expecting a rejection 😂 Is it your first choice?
Reply 23
Oh cool! Well done! I had mine on the 8th so I'm expecting a rejection 😂 Is it your first choice?

Don't be disheartened! It's just pot luck and I got lucky to be responded quickly, but when you do find out let me know! Remember, 2000 people are applying for 150 spaces, it'll take them a while! York is my first choice, I've firmed them :smile:! Now just the small matter of 3 A's... x'D I'm amazed that they accept general studies being such a prestigious course, but hey I'm not complaining!
Has anyone received an offer since the 4th Jan (a week ago) when the admissions department reopened? My interview was the 15th and still waiting, I've seen some got offers before Christmas and I'm sure they couldn't have got all the offers out then as they said they'd struggle to get many out at all until January.
Reply 25
I received a rejection on the 12th. Had my interview on 15th December, very disappointed as I loved York 😟
Original post by AbbieWilliams
Has anyone received an offer since the 4th Jan (a week ago) when the admissions department reopened? My interview was the 15th and still waiting, I've seen some got offers before Christmas and I'm sure they couldn't have got all the offers out then as they said they'd struggle to get many out at all until January.

No I haven't heard yet; my interview was the 8th December as well!
Original post by Beth-F
I received a rejection on the 12th. Had my interview on 15th December, very disappointed as I loved York 😟

Sorry to hear that, I haven't heard anything as yet so I'm expecting a rejection. What would be your second choice?
Reply 28
Sorry to hear that, I haven't heard anything as yet so I'm expecting a rejection. What would be your second choice?

I have offers from the University of Leeds, Univerisity of Sheffield, University of Liverpool and University of Lincoln. I'm going to have Leeds as my first and Liverpool as my second 🙂
Reply 29
anyone with an offer from york and expecting to firm it?:smile:
Reply 30
Original post by lks97
anyone with an offer from york and expecting to firm it?:smile:

I have! Now I just gotta find the right accommodation for me! I'm thinking constantine looks pretty cool! What about yourself? :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Kitta
I have! Now I just gotta find the right accommodation for me! I'm thinking constantine looks pretty cool! What about yourself? :smile:

Ahh great! Yeah Constantine looks really good, I like Goodricke too though! Hoping I would be on Hes East regardless, would be so much easier!!x
Reply 32
Original post by lks97
Ahh great! Yeah Constantine looks really good, I like Goodricke too though! Hoping I would be on Hes East regardless, would be so much easier!!x

Yeah Hes East is so close to the law building and it's definitely the newer side of the university- i'd be happy at any of the 3 colleges their aha!
No I haven't heard yet; my interview was the 8th December as well!

My interview isn't until Feb 10th so they could just be waiting to get them all done before making more offers?
Hi, does anyone know which side of the school our lectures would be on? West or East?
Reply 35
I've got my interview tomorrow, but I'm not sure on what to wear. Should I wear a suit or go smart-causal?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending