Leaving the EU - Effect on property prices, jobs, inflation?

Watch
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Leaving the EU - Effect on property prices, jobs, inflation?

What do you think will happen?
gladders
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Regent's University document may be of interest:

http://www.regents.ac.uk/media/17250...-final-pdf.pdf
balanced
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
property prices would fall, especially in cities.
Jobs, in the first few months yes, there would be a drop, but when we start getting trade deals going we'll see a big boom.
Inflation, no clue, but countries would be more interested in the uk as we'd still have free trade with Europe but we'd also be able to get deals with the rest of the world.
jamestg
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gladders)
Regent's University document may be of interest:

http://www.regents.ac.uk/media/17250...-final-pdf.pdf
What a fantastic report, I've been looking for something like that for months.
United1892
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by balanced)
property prices would fall, especially in cities.
Jobs, in the first few months yes, there would be a drop, but when we start getting trade deals going we'll see a big boom.
Inflation, no clue, but countries would be more interested in the uk as we'd still have free trade with Europe but we'd also be able to get deals with the rest of the world.
Thats probably wrong. We stay in for 2 years after voting to leave when we can negotiate any deals.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Property prices to rise more slowly, inflation unaffected and employment to drop slowly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by paul514)
Property prices to rise more slowly, inflation unaffected and unemployment to drop slowly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It depends on the ability of the Government to get good deals with other countries and if the EU migrants will have to leave.
Ace123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Property prices would depend on if immigration was controlled properly after Brexit, if it is then rents in particular could fall, inflation would change very little because we are not in the Euro anyway and can control our economic policy, jobs would be very much better if we Brexit because the labour market would not be overwhelmed by mass immigration
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Property prices would be set to increase at 88.8% instead of 88.9% (remain in)

A young couple getting on the ladder would need a 120k deposit and an 200k joint income against 121k and 210,000 income if the UK stays in (this assumes a 3hr commute each way to work and a shared bathroom with a garage)
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fusion)
Property prices would be set to increase at 88.8% instead of 88.9% (remain in)

A young couple getting on the ladder would need a 120k deposit and an 200k joint income against 121k and 210,000 income if the UK stays in (this assumes a 3hr commute each way to work and a shared bathroom with a garage)
Err after leaving migration numbers would go down and therefore less demand than if we stay in, to suggest that difference is 0.1% is laughable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads