Help with an essay on Marxism Watch

space_orange
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey fellas id really appreciate some help on this essay on Marxism i have, ok so the question is "explain the key concepts associated with marxism". This is my first year at uni so im still a little confused by the whole referencing malarkey. Ive been told that i need to use textbooks to define marxism so im wondering if theres a good standard text on this topic any thing else you can tell me is greatly appreciated.
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is an open ended question in that it doesn't require you to refer to particular sources or concepts.

If you Google something like "marxism academic journal" you will probably be presented with a lot of academic texts that you can refer to. You could also Google something like "marxism dissertation" and look at some reference lists to get you started with.
Soc/PsyTutor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To get an overall understanding of Marxist theory first use Haralambos & Holborn (but dont use it in your essay; it's an A level text). Then read the concepts in more detail (Marx's original writing should be in your library e.g. The Communist Manifesto). Perhaps cover capitalism vs communism, bourgeoisie vs proletariat, exploitation, false class consciousness, polarisation and social change as a basis plus anything else you find.
Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (337)
15.64%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.39%
Not feeling great about that exam... (466)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (180)
8.35%

Watched Threads