Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had my A2 Geography Synoptic paper this morning, it went well, but annoyingly about 20 mins before the end of the exam I had a nose bleed! I remember someone talking about this a while back saying they hope they don't get one in the exam, well I did! Aargh! It was horrible. So annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    I had my A2 Geography Synoptic paper this morning, it went well, but annoyingly about 20 mins before the end of the exam I had a nose bleed! I remember someone talking about this a while back saying they hope they don't get one in the exam, well I did! Aargh! It was horrible. So annoying!
    Did they give you a bit of extra time to make up for it at least?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Did they give you a bit of extra time to make up for it at least?
    They probably would have if I had told them about it or asked for it, but since I didn't, they didn't, no. I didn't miss out much if anything at all though that I could have done if I had extra time.

Well in my two hour maths exam i got ill after 20 mins and had only done 30 marks out of 100 worth, so i went to the toilet to be sick and lost track of time and came back with just under 10 minutes left so i quickly looked through to the highest mark questions and did those making it around 50 marks i answered in total. If that's all right and my paper one was 100% or close i'll get a easy A anyway so i don't care.

ReputationRep:
    Kirbz you fool you shouldnt pick your nose in the exam! Its just asking for trouble!!! I hear that strawberry laces can cause nose bleeds, and those Red Bull type drinks - apprently its some addative thats in them - did you have any of those any time before the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kupo_nut)
    Kirbz you fool you shouldnt pick your nose in the exam! Its just asking for trouble!!! I hear that strawberry laces can cause nose bleeds, and those Red Bull type drinks - apprently its some addative thats in them - did you have any of those any time before the exam?
    I dont pick my nose u cheeky sod! I can't stand dandelion and burdock. Never tried Red Bull though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    Nosebleed? A2 Geography Synoptic? Exactly what happened to me last year!

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mg84)
    Nosebleed? A2 Geography Synoptic? Exactly what happened to me last year!

:confused:
    HOW VERY WEIRD!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    HOW VERY WEIRD!
    Maybe they put a nosebleed inducing substance in the exam paper? EdExcel by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mg84)
    Maybe they put a nosebleed inducing substance in the exam paper? EdExcel by any chance?
    Haha! No, OCR. Maybe it will be AQA next year..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    Haha! No, OCR. Maybe it will be AQA next year..
    Hmmm... we'll just have to wait and see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    it may not be a nose bleed but it was annoying in the same

last year i had an exam for AVCE manufacturing and from the start i had blinding toothache, so i went on through the exam with my left hand in my mouth pushing on the tooth trying to relive the pain while also trying to answer questions on the paper. was horribl, there was saliva running down my arm and the obvious look of pain on my face.

but that wasn't the best of it, about 5 minutes towards the end after 20 odd minutes of me sitting there in blinding pain, the teacher person came over and said "you do know that if your finished u can go?"
    that just made me wanna scream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polljk)
    it may not be a nose bleed but it was annoying in the same

last year i had an exam for AVCE manufacturing and from the start i had blinding toothache, so i went on through the exam with my left hand in my mouth pushing on the tooth trying to relive the pain while also trying to answer questions on the paper. was horribl, there was saliva running down my arm and the obvious look of pain on my face.

but that wasn't the best of it, about 5 minutes towards the end after 20 odd minutes of me sitting there in blinding pain, the teacher person came over and said "you do know that if your finished u can go?"
    that just made me wanna scream.
    Ooh that must be pretty annoying.

I have now learnt to remember to take tissues into exams! They are invaluable, for pen leakages, unexplained liquids etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    Ooh that must be pretty annoying.

I have now learnt to remember to take tissues into exams! They are invaluable, for pen leakages, unexplained liquids etc.
    good plan.
    usually i turn up with a pen and maybe a pencil if i feel like it
    and a brain is totally outa the question:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polljk)
    good plan.
    usually i turn up with a pen and maybe a pencil if i feel like it
    and a brain is totally outa the question:P
    talk about no brain...i have completely lost mine for these exams, hence i am going to miserably pass with loadsa E's :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    talk about no brain...i have completely lost mine for these exams, hence i am going to miserably pass with loadsa E's :mad:
    Do you need any certain grades? For my highest offer I need a C and a D, for my lowest I need 1 D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    I have had a nosebleed before in an exam, and quite a bad one at that, it was really horrible, it almost looked like I was trying to write in blood.

ReputationRep:
    I once started choking in my law exam..I didn't understand how since I wasn't eating or drinking anything! :confused: took me 10 mins to stop!!

I need AAA to get in for my conditional and BBC for my insurance .Talk about pressure! :eek:

Well I've never had a nose bleed during an exam and I don't know anyone who has.
    But my music teacher told my class that once a girl vomitted in a exam and the vomit went on a girl in front of her.And the girl in front just kept working.If that was me I would have screamed and ran out of the exam room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    I did that paper this morning, too! I think it went fairly well, but I don't like 3hr long synoptic papers!!!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.