The Student Room Group

Opinion: most underrated university among the general public

Scroll to see replies

The delusional Doxbridge and Woxbridge types are ****ing hilarious. :lol:
Original post by cazzem

. In my opinion, student satisfaction is not at all relevant or an appropriate use of measurement, when determining the quality of a university.

Out of interest: which of the NSS questions do you think are not relevant or appropriate for determining quality?

nss qs

Overrated: :colonhash:
London Met.
Nottingham trent
Middlesex
Original post by PQ
Out of interest: which of the NSS questions do you think are not relevant or appropriate for determining quality?

nss qs

It's no individual question, the idea of student satisfaction factoring in is bull**** altogether. There's only one metric that matters... prestige.
Original post by ETRC
Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial

Do any of the other unis even matter?

There is not some kind of inexplicable quantum leap in the quality of universities when you get to Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and Imperial.
Probably Robert Gordon and Aberdeen, especially for engineering. If you want a career in Oil and Gas, those are the unis to be at.
St Andrews definitely, incredibly underrated.
Original post by TheGuyReturns
It's no individual question, the idea of student satisfaction factoring in is bull**** altogether. There's only one metric that matters... prestige.

So current students that disagree when asked if staff are good at explaining things or are available to speak to is bull****. You don't think a university that fails at teaching, assessing work, organising a course should have their prestige damaged?
Original post by Quantex
Durham. It is one of the intellectual trinity: Doxbridge.

Here we have a Durham student lmao
Queen's Belfast?
Original post by PQ
So current students that disagree when asked if staff are good at explaining things or are available to speak to is bull****. You don't think a university that fails at teaching, assessing work, organising a course should have their prestige damaged?

I'm afraid when the chips are down, and you're applying for jobs... no one is going to care where some namby pamby league table put your university. It will come down to prestige.
UEA,Southampton,Sussex,Sheffield.
Reply 52
Original post by wilson_smith
There is not some kind of inexplicable quantum leap in the quality of universities when you get to Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and Imperial.

It was sarcasm. I'd expect a lot of people here to defend their unis so I just listed the best 4 in UK.
Original post by TheGuyReturns
I'm afraid when the chips are down, and you're applying for jobs... no one is going to care where some namby pamby league table put your university. It will come down to prestige.

:rofl:

Ok. Come back to me when you want to talk about the question I asked (which of the NSS questions do you think are not relevant or appropriate for determining quality?) rather than the argument you're having with what you're imagining me asking.
Kent is very underrated, a very good up and coming university
Original post by RonnieRJ
Here we have a Durham student lmao

Not at all. I just like propagating the negative stereotype of Durham students. :tongue:
The Open University. Doesn't even appear in most league tables. Yet their MBA, for one, has triple accreditation from AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB. And many FTSE 100 companies have sponsored their employees to study with them. So they can't be that bad.
It's got to be Nottingham. What is even going on with Notts and national league tables? I went there on an open day and there is no way it is only 25th in the country or whatever.

Could tactically say Manchester too as I'm in the mood for rep and statistically they have the most students... :3
(edited 8 years ago)
Manchester, Lancaster, UEA, Glasgow
Reply 59
Isn't keele like a dump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending