AndrewKn0x
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Soooooo..... I'm considering dropping chemistry AS because I'm not really enjoying it, I'm quite behind in the work, it's the most difficult subject I do and I don't really need it, dare I say it. I study Biology, Psychology, Chemistry and ICT at AS now and I want to study Biology at university. Universities are accepting psychology as a second science along with biology, so I don't really need chemistry. Should I drop it or stick it for AS then drop it?
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would finish the AS.
Lit34
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would personally finish the AS level as biology and chemistry overlap quite a bit, i find it useful as I do them both.
AndrewKn0x
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Lit34)
I would personally finish the AS level as biology and chemistry overlap quite a bit, i find it useful as I do them both.
Do you have any tips in being successful with chemistry? I find it difficult so I often find I'm not motivated to work on it.
Rorschach II
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Universities prefer chemistry over biology, for biology, I thought.

Secondly chemistry is a far easier subject than biology in the long run.
(Broken-down bits of chemistry complements each other, and a lot less to learn. Far easier to summarise.)
Lit34
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AndrewKn0x)
Do you have any tips in being successful with chemistry? I find it difficult so I often find I'm not motivated to work on it.
To start with, make sure you know the basics as you may struggle to answer questions without it, for example all of the ions and the equations whether it is the ones for ionisations energies or to calculate molar masses. I note all of these down on one sheet of paper as I go along. But Just do the best you can, if it's any consolation I find it challenging too. Good luck 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (87)
24.37%
No (270)
75.63%

Watched Threads