Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why is PYA5 the hardest module???? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This might sounds like a naff question but WHY exactly is PYA5 meant to be the hardest module? Surely its just the same ish ?

ReputationRep:
    Because it's synoptic, to get good marks you have to draw knowledge from all aspects of the course unlike unit 4 where you just write about what you'e learnt in unit 4.

ReputationRep:
    It's also longer therefore harder.
    Reason being, your essays should be 40 minutes long, not 30. A problem with this section (although present in all sections) is to not steal time from the other essays. It's not so much an issue here, because usually you won't need the full 40 minutes (that said, the essays that I have etched firmly in my mind took just over 40 minutes to recall and write).

It's worth 120 UMS, which is 40% of your A2 (and a fifth of your A-level) - but don't let that put you off. I personally think it's nicer than PYA4 - PYA4 you have 3 whole units to write about and only 30 minutes each topic, and if a topic came up that you weren't very familiar with, you're screwed.
    PYA5 is much better in that respect, because it's far more predictable (even the approaches, you're going to be saying the same things, just in different context).

ReputationRep:
    hmm there seems to be less stuff to revise compared to PYA4... cos i had about 15 or so essays that i wrote up.... lol.... im doing psychopathology, and issues... what do u think may turn up?

Also, how do u incorporate synopticity into an answer?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Evaluate research method (laboratory experiment.. demand characteristics, lack of ecological validity etc... natural experiment... lack of control blah blah), say whether it's reductionist/determinist/due to nature or nurture...

ReputationRep:
    I think it's easier because you can apply stuff to whatever you want. You therefore have a better chance of being able to answer the questions.

ReputationRep:
    i think PYA5 isnt too bad if ur prepared 4 it but the issues section is quite tricky. is anyone out there doing depression in psychopathology?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.