the weirdest thing just happened

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
okay
so i'm sitting here browsing TSR in bed as usual
when all of a sudden my heart starts rumbling

you know that feeling when your stomach is rumbling/ gets butterflies?
yeah mix those too and put it in your chest that's what it felt like 0_0

and then i got really hot and i couldn't breathe and i started shaking and then i got scared like "WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?!" and then it got even more worse because I got so worked up and now... it has calmed down a bit

lasted like 30 seconds but felt like a lifetime
now my chest hurts and i'm out of breath

what do you think it was :confused: ?
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sounds a bit like a panic attack. They often happen totally out the blue and can last for a few seconds or up to half an hour. Heart 'shakes', 'rumbles', 'vibrations' are very common during a panic attack or when you feel anxious. They are nothing to worry about but they can be terrifying. If it happens again, go to your doctor for a check up and get your mind put to rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Spock's Socks)
Sounds a bit like a panic attack. They often happen totally out the blue and can last for a few seconds or up to half an hour. Heart 'shakes', 'rumbles', 'vibrations' are very common during a panic attack or when you feel anxious. They are nothing to worry about but they can be terrifying. If it happens again, go to your doctor for a check up and get your mind put to rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh! i've never had one before
half an hour?!?! :afraid: :afraid:
okay thank you!
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I suffer from panic disorder so I get them daily. Most of mine only last a few mins but I have had a few toppers that have lasted the full half hour my first one started a bit like yours did. All I can really recommend you do is try and not stress and dwell on it because that is what I did and it only made me get them more and more often but for most people, a panic attack is an once in a blue moon kind of thing so don't worry!
(Original post by Anonymous)
oh! i've never had one before
half an hour?!?! :afraid: :afraid:
okay thank you!
Anonymous #1
I suffer from panic disorder so I get them daily. Most of mine only last a few mins but I have had a few toppers that have lasted the full half hour my first one started a bit like yours did. All I can really recommend you do is try and not stress and dwell on it because that is what I did and it only made me get them more and more often but for most people, a panic attack is an once in a blue moon kind of thing so don't worry!
okay okay i hope it's a rare thing for me!!
i'll try not to think about it too much - but i am a bit of a worry wart
i'm sorry you have to go through that :console: it really sucks
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah that definitely sounds like a panic attack, I remember I got a really bad one last year where I was basically yelling at my mum to phone an ambulance as I thought I was dying, haven't really had one since though so it might be a one off, best to get it checked out though, hope you feel better
rajneetk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Panic attack? I think maybe I don't know
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Blondie987)
Yeah that definitely sounds like a panic attack, I remember I got a really bad one last year where I was basically yelling at my mum to phone an ambulance as I thought I was dying, haven't really had one since though so it might be a one off, best to get it checked out though, hope you feel better
:afraid:

omg no please! i hope i don't get one that bad :cry:
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:afraid:

omg no please! i hope i don't get one that bad :cry:
Please don't stress yourself out about it, that was a complete one off in a particularly stressful point in my life, I've honestly never experienced anything near as bad as that and it'sbeen ages since then, I'm absolutely sure you'll be fine, you might want to speak to your gp about it on your next visit though just to calm your nerves
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Been there! Lost count how many times I've screamed at my bf to call me an ambulance during a panic. One time I called up NHS24 because I thought I was going crazy from the panic, thankfully they calmed me down and I've not been that bad since...touch wood! Its so hard to believe panic attacks aren't dangerous when they 100% make you believe you are dying or going crazy glad you haven't had any since! I get mini to moderate ones daily and major ones, close to that one I described maybe every month or so

okay okay i hope it's a rare thing for me!!
i'll try not to think about it too much - but i am a bit of a worry wart
i'm sorry you have to go through that :console: it really sucks

I'm a worry wart too, I think that's why I kept getting panic after panic because I never dealt with the first one the right way. I couldn't stop thinking about it and I never knew anything about them and never knew they weren't dangerous at all. If I knew that, I would have coped better so you're at a good start - you know they aren't dangerous and you've got all of us here to help you make sure you are sleeping and eating well. You wouldn't believe how much a good meal and a good nights sleep can keep anxiety and panics away
Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Please don't stress yourself out about it, that was a complete one off in a particularly stressful point in my life, I've honestly never experienced anything near as bad as that and it'sbeen ages since then, I'm absolutely sure you'll be fine, you might want to speak to your gp about it on your next visit though just to calm your nerves
okay okay ... okay yeah it's fine
that's horrible i'm sorry that happened to you but i'm glad it was a one off and it hasnt happened since!
and i hope your life is less stressful now
i will do

Been there! Lost count how many times I've screamed at my bf to call me an ambulance during a panic. One time I called up NHS24 because I thought I was going crazy from the panic, thankfully they calmed me down and I've not been that bad since...touch wood! Its so hard to believe panic attacks aren't dangerous when they 100% make you believe you are dying or going crazy glad you haven't had any since! I get mini to moderate ones daily and major ones, close to that one I described maybe every month or so

I'm a worry wart too, I think that's why I kept getting panic after panic because I never dealt with the first one the right way. I couldn't stop thinking about it and I never knew anything about them and never knew they weren't dangerous at all. If I knew that, I would have coped better so you're at a good start - you know they aren't dangerous and you've got all of us here to help you make sure you are sleeping and eating well. You wouldn't believe how much a good meal and a good nights sleep can keep anxiety and panics away
Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow every month :O and daily panic attack? sounds like hell on earth that's insanneeee... I hope they're not as bad as they used to be atleast!

yeah yeah you're right
it's not dangerous it's just my body freaking out
thank you
i'll try! i haven't slept well in 2 days so maybe that's it ...
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
okay okay ... okay yeah it's fine
that's horrible i'm sorry that happened to you but i'm glad it was a one off and it hasnt happened since!
and i hope your life is less stressful now
i will do

Wow every month :O and daily panic attack? sounds like hell on earth that's insanneeee... I hope they're not as bad as they used to be atleast!

yeah yeah you're right
it's not dangerous it's just my body freaking out
thank you
i'll try! i haven't slept well in 2 days so maybe that's it ...
You kinda get used to them when you have them so often but they are still horrible and I wouldn't wish them on anyone. Ah well I think lack of sleep might be your culprit! I order you to log off TSR right this very second and get some sleep, Missy! Or Mr! that's an order also if you've been drinking caffeine today, that can cause panics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
You kinda get used to them when you have them so often but they are still horrible and I wouldn't wish them on anyone. Ah well I think lack of sleep might be your culprit! I order you to log off TSR right this very second and get some sleep, Missy! Or Mr! that's an order also if you've been drinking caffeine today, that can cause panics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah
Alright alright i'll log off and sleep now haven't had any caffeine today :innocent:
I'm a missy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads