glamourprincess
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hi
i am interested in studying an access course and like to study nursing should i study access to health and social care or the science route and how hard is the access course.
Euridice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by glamourprincess)
hi
i am interested in studying an access course and like to study nursing should i study access to health and social care or the science route and how hard is the access course.
Hi, if you would like to study nursing in the future then i would suggest studying the access to nursing course at a college as it leads you directly to a nursing degree and you get a good insight in nursing which may even put you at an advantage. I study the access to nursing course and it is challenging but the best advice i can give to you is to never leave your work till the last minute and always aim for high grades to avoid disappointment.
glamourprincess
Rep:
?
(Original post by Euridice)
Hi, if you would like to study nursing in the future then i would suggest studying the access to nursing course at a college as it leads you directly to a nursing degree and you get a good insight in nursing which may even put you at an advantage. I study the access to nursing course and it is challenging but the best advice i can give to you is to never leave your work till the last minute and always aim for high grades to avoid disappointment.
Thanks Eurydice I take your advice 😊
MissDetermined
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It needs to be sciences. I'm on the access course and mine is health sciences - Psychology, Biology and Sociology.
katienursing2015
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing the access course and love it! 😊 Yes there is a lot of work involved but honestly if you put enough effort in and make sure you time wisely you can easily get merits or distinctions! The science route is the one you need to do.
glamourprincess
Rep:
?
(Original post by MissDetermined)
It needs to be sciences. I'm on the access course and mine is health sciences - Psychology, Biology and Sociology.
Ok thanksmiss determinedmiss determined
glamourprincess
Rep:
?
(Original post by katienursing2015)
I'm doing the access course and love it! 😊 Yes there is a lot of work involved but honestly if you put enough effort in and make sure you time wisely you can easily get merits or distinctions! The science route is the one you need to do.
Good luck in your studies and thank you
Daniellelouise16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by katienursing2015)
May I ask what books you would recommend to buy for help on the access to nursing I am starting this course and I would love to go onto adult nursing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.74%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.93%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.69%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.73%

Watched Threads