The Student Room Group

How do I get over her?

I split up from my first love a little under a year ago, I have been feeling like crap ever since if I'm honest, but a couple of weeks ago I was told that she is now engaged to the guy she went out with before me and now I have found out she is pregnant. I can't even pretend to be happy for her because I feel like ****, I still love her but really need to get over her, what the hell do I do? I have tried dating other people but I just can't find anyone I really like.
Reply 1
She's not worth it, she went out with a guy before you and she is pregnant with him.

Just forgot her, she has her own life now. You have your own life.

How old are you? I'm sure you have plenty of options and opportunities. Start going out, mingle with people, make an online profile, go to speed dating events, join clubs, do things for fun.

Have aspirations, goals, do things that you find interesting.

Good luck!
I started to get over a girl a few months ago and then fell for her again. FYI we're not together and never were, I just liked her but still the heartache is real.
I kept myself busy at school during the day, talking to people, doing clubs etc... And when I got home I would watch videos on youtube to keep my mind of it.
Sleeping at night can be difficult but I found that I could sleep lying on my back quite well so maybe try that one!

Time is the best medicine for a breakup or to get over the heartache. Not that I can say i'm feeling good about my own girl problems.
Reply 3
It is surprising how you can still hold a candle for someone even when they've seriously moved on and chosen to bear fruit with someone else. I've been there too. Seriously though the only answer is to divert all that angst energy in to positive energy to find someone who is up for it with you and who is reliable. There is a good life beyond breakup if you go after it. Good luck.
Why did you break up with her?

Also, I'd say just keep busy, the ship has well and truly sailed here.
It sounds like you really love this girl and it is so unfortunate for you the way things have worked out so far. If moving on through dating other people hasn't worked then I would suggest counselling. It might help to clear your mind and do a lot of good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest