The Student Room Group
I did the critical thinking AS course but never took the exam but i put down on my personal statement that I'd done it and when i went to interview (oxford for physics) the interviewer asked me about it. He seemed quite interested and was quite positive towards it.
Reply 2
I did it at AS and got asked about it at my interview too. they seemed to think that it was interesting and all uni's accept it unlike general studies. i guess that it would be good for law because it used to be the old Cambridge(i think) entrance exam for law. easy subject to do well in anyway. We only had one lesson a week.
Reply 3
The new Cambridge Thinking Skills assessment, which most colleges now set for most subjects to all candidates, is very similar to Critical Thinking questions.

Furthermore, i have applied to many different companies for summer jobs, and a lot of them set tests like these as a preliminary 'hurdle' to immediately reduce the number of applicants. The Critical Thinking course was definitely worth it is this respect.

I personally only did it because my headmaster started it this year for oxbridge and law applicants, so i only really went along because i got a free lunch from him twice a week!

it's not difficult at all - a lot of common sense and logic. I revised for a total of ten minutes for the mock (no exaggerations) and got an A.
that's crap, i have to do general studies at my school, we never got anything about critical thinking. i would have much preferred that!
Reply 5
thanks guys, makes me feel better about doing it now!

Latest