The Student Room Group

Weight loss buddy urgently needed!

Anyone want to lose weight and get fit as a new year's resolution? I'm gonna be doing a diet to lose weight and improve my health as well as regular exercise. The diet I will be following is the 5:2 intermittent fasting diet. George Osborne was praised by David Cameron for losing weight on this diet:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/11370930/David-Cameron-praises-George-Osborne-for-his-weight-loss.html

All in all, politicians can be evasive but they get the job done. :h: It's basically where you eat very little for two days and eat normally for the rest of the week. It's very safe with a slow but steady loss of 1lb per week as long as you eat healthily to maintain your weight on the feast days. I think it's clever because you don't feel too restricted. I'll be doing it for 3 months to lose around 12lb.

If anyone wants to join me or just chat about weight loss and fitness in general, I'd really appreciate it. It'd be nice to have some people to talk to on fast days if things are going rough. I'll give you updates on how it's going regularly.

Have a good one.

Miso

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Misolova
Anyone want to lose weight and get fit as a new year's resolution? I'm gonna be doing a diet to lose weight and improve my health as well as regular exercise. The diet I will be following is the 5:2 intermittent fasting diet. George Osborne was praised by David Cameron for losing weight on this diet:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/11370930/David-Cameron-praises-George-Osborne-for-his-weight-loss.html

All in all, politicians can be evasive but they get the job done. :h: It's basically where you eat very little for two days and eat normally for the rest of the week. It's very safe with a slow but steady loss of 1lb per week as long as you eat healthily to maintain your weight on the feast days. I think it's clever because you don't feel too restricted. I'll be doing it for 3 months to lose around 12lb.

If anyone wants to join me or just chat about weight loss and fitness in general, I'd really appreciate it. It'd be nice to have some people to talk to on fast days if things are going rough. I'll give you updates on how it's going regularly.

Have a good one.

Miso

Ill join but I want to do my own diet. I want to start after the holidays.
I want to lose five pounds and start toning again.
the 5:2 diet is amazing. i am sure you will se fantastic results :smile:

good luck!

Have a good one.

Miso

Sure

I'm already planning to do this though I won't have my fast days in the weekend. They'll likely be random non-gym days.
Reply 4
I will be ur weight loss buddy! i really want to lose weight!
I'm dieting at the moment too, trying to get to a lower body fat percentage :smile: I'm not doing this fast but just going low carb and working out 4-5 times a week.
Not doing 5:2 but definitely up for having a weight loss buddy! I have around a stone to lose, have already lost 6.5 and I'm struggling with this last one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thanks so much everyone for your support :-D

I blew my fast day with an apple (couldn't help it) but I kept it healthy for the rest of the day so we'll try again on Saturday.Hope we can do this together eventually; my main trouble is always my family because they don't support me losing weight and there's always unhealthy food on the table but in the end you have to do this for yourself really.

Merry xmas and stay strong, you will do it in the end! Let's keep in touch and update if you can.

Miso xx

I blew my fast day with an apple (couldn't help it) but I kept it healthy for the rest of the day so we'll try again on Saturday.Hope we can do this together eventually; my main trouble is always my family because they don't support me losing weight and there's always unhealthy food on the table but in the end you have to do this for yourself really.

Merry xmas and stay strong, you will do it in the end! Let's keep in touch and update if you can.

Miso xx

You were fasting for an entire day
An you consider an apple as a negative
:lolwut:
Reply 9
Original post by Angry cucumber
You were fasting for an entire day
An you consider an apple as a negative
:lolwut:

Well the point of fasting is not eating anything to get into ketosis and an apple contains carbs
but a healthy snack is definitely better than giving into unhealthy foods, don't get me wrong.
Well the point of fasting is not eating anything to get into ketosis and an apple contains carbs
but a healthy snack is definitely better than giving into unhealthy foods, don't get me wrong.

This is why 5:2 doesn't work for many. It's a diet that behaves like an eating disorder
Reply 11
Original post by Angry cucumber
This is why 5:2 doesn't work for many. It's a diet that behaves like an eating disorder

In what way? The speed at which weight is lost is completely healthy and perhaps even slower than that of conventional dieting and restrictions are only place two days a week. Not that everyone fasts completely on their fasting days but many do.

I thought the fast days in 5:2 were supposed to be about 500-600 calorie days???

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not supposed to literally fast the whole day with 5:2, you just have 2 days a week where your calorie allowance is around 500 calories. Intermittent fasting is also based around fasting windows, not entire days of fasting which is not healthy.

Where did you read that the idea is to go into ketosis? Be a bit pointless for one day.
I am doing the opposite... I want to put on weight! I need to be 90 kgs :frown: Ngl I swear putting on weight is harder than losing it sometimes

Miso xx

What's your starting weight?
Are check ins supposed to be weekly monthly what?

Rules please
I will be your weight loss buddy :smile: the deal is though, whatever weight you lose I have to gain and whatever weight I gain you have to lose.
You sound like you have really good enthusiasm - but I wouldn't recommend picking a specific diet. Just eat better and move more - you'll see the results you want.

This is a go-to beginner's bible to fitness, it has no commercial crap and the guy who wrote it doesn't make a penny from it - it's all fact and science. Hope it helps and good luck :smile:

http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html
PM me, my motivation is crippling and i've consumed over 3000 calories the past few days :/
I could do with a weightloss buddy. a couple of years I lost 30lb on the Slimming World diet, but since graduating and getting an office job, I've put on 10lb. I'm considering joining weight watchers online (cant seem to stick to slimming world this time).

I wanna lose 15lb and tone up. I have a gym membership but I work loads (I have two jobs) so I havent been in a while, always feel run down. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest