The Student Room Group

My crush likes me back but...

So I found out yesterday that my crush had the same feelings about me as I had for her. But the problem is that I will be moving abroad to study (for over 6 years). My crush said that long-distance relationship wouldn't work out, plus we belong to different religions (she is a Muslim and I am Christian), so her parents wouldn't agree to our relationship.

What should I do now???
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I found out yesterday that my crush had the same feelings about me as I had for her. But the problem is that I will be moving abroad to study (for over 6 years). My crush said that long-distance relationship wouldn't work out, plus we belong to different religions (she is a Muslim and I am Christian), so her parents wouldn't agree to our relationship.

What should I do now???

First of all long distant relationships work it just takes both sides to be willing to put in the effort, but also i wouldnt let her being muslim affect you, because i can reassure you that 95% of muslim girls and guys have relationships, and dont tell their parents so yeah talk to her about it.
Reply 2

What should I do now???

6 years!! wow so how many times will you able to see her? The thing is unless you converted to Islam her parents will likely never accept your relationship as women can't marry non muslim men nor would they accept you dating her if you chose not to marry. Also as you are going for 6 years it will be extremely hard to keep a relationship unless she is committed to you and wants it to work cause she might find someone else who is suitable in your absence.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by RBalboa
First of all long distant relationships work it just takes both sides to be willing to put in the effort, but also i wouldnt let her being muslim affect you, because i can reassure you that 95% of muslim girls and guys have relationships, and dont tell their parents so yeah talk to her about it.

He is going abroad to study for 6 years so it will be difficult unless she wants to make it work if she doesn't then no point.
Reply 4
Original post by chikane
He is going abroad to study for 6 years so it will be difficult unless she wants to make it work if she doesn't then no point.

i just said that
I would make the most of the time you have together... Dont get too attached to each other, but have fun. Also dont let religion get in the way of you both...
Reply 6
Original post by aaron--walker
I would make the most of the time you have together... Dont get too attached to each other, but have fun. Also dont let religion get in the way of you both...

I totally agree with you. It's really difficult not to get too attached though.. :/
The thing is if you do get too attached, you might find it harder to move on when you move away. By all means stay in contact with them, but accept that they may become interested in over people over time, and dont beat yourself up/feel sorry for yourself over it :smile:

What should I do now???

As a Muslim girl, I'm 90% sure her parents won't be happy with the relationship, unless you convert or are willing to convert to ISLAM in the future. Even if we forget about Religions for a second, most distant relationships don't work, especially when you people are crushing and haven't even been out yet. 6/7 years is a loooooooooooooooong period of time, I bet you will fall for other girls, it's human nature. Do what you think is right, I think you two should remain friends...

Any more advice either pm or just reply to the post...

:smile:
Long distance and different religions.
Sound like a recipe for disaster.
Long distance and different religions.
Sound like a recipe for disaster.

I second this.... that's why I try to maintain distance with other guys that are Christian etc.. It's not because i'm racist, it's because it just causes tension. There's this Christian guy who i barely know, he tries his best to get my attention via butting in convro, staring and trying to generate convro, i just don't want to keep people hopes up...

Quick Reply

Latest