ThatNerd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

So currently I'm a year ten student who has a deep interest in programming. I started programming when I was twelve because I wanted to make games in the future. Over the past couple of years I have learnt a variety of skills and just a few days ago I published my third app.

The app is essentially a database of the AQA and Edexcel's past papers of the core subjects, which allows you to easily switch between the question paper and mark scheme and also download the Pdf (to view offline).

I initially intended for the app to be published in time for the December mocks but complications arose. I would really appreciate it if you would give it a try and if you can rate and review it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apers&hl=en_GB

I would also appreciate any suggestions on how to improve the app. Any past papers that need to be added or any useful feature that you would like to see. Mention it here or feel free to email me at

[email protected]

I would also be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the app, programming or any topic in general.
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Looks really good, well done
Haven't downloaded it yet, but if iGCSE qualifications aren't on there you could possibly add them
ThatNerd
Rep:
?
(Original post by surina16)
Looks really good, well done
Haven't downloaded it yet, but if iGCSE qualifications aren't on there you could possibly add them
Thanks I'm glad you like it . Yeah I should probably add the IGCSE qualifications as well. What about OCR? Nearly all the people I know don't seem to take OCR GCSE's so I thought I wouldn't bother including it. Currently it only has AQA and Edexcel but I'm hoping to expand it.
luciie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh wow this looks great, thank you!
ThatNerd
Rep:
?
(Original post by luciie)
Oh wow this looks great, thank you!
Thanks, I hope you find it helpful. I'm hoping to add a lot more past papers in the future.
ThatNerd
Rep:
?
When I do add the IGCSE Papers, which subject should i prioritize first? Are you taking any IGCSE's yourself that you'd like to see in the app come first?
Questions27168
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is fantastic! Well done
ThatNerd
Rep:
?
(Original post by Questions27168)
This is fantastic! Well done
Thanks. I'm glad you appreciate it.The app itself took about six to seven weeks to make but I think I could have completed it faster if it wasn't for school and homework.
ThatNerd
Rep:
?
Thank you for everyone who has downloaded my app. It's got just over 35 downloads now.
TheAlphaParticle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ThatNerd)
When I do add the IGCSE Papers, which subject should i prioritize first? Are you taking any IGCSE's yourself that you'd like to see in the app come first?
IGCSE English language CIE is a popular IGCSE topic Many schools did that paper last year.
ThatNerd
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheAlphaParticle)
IGCSE English language CIE is a popular IGCSE topic Many schools did that paper last year.
I'm going to start adding those then. Thanks for the help
ThatNerd
Rep:
?
So how does English Language ICE work? There seems to be 3 different papers for each year. Which papers would a normal student do for the ICE exam?
ThatNerd
Rep:
?
There seems to have been a bug on the tablet version of the app where it would force close if you tried to go into AQA English Literature; an update is now available to download to fix the issue. I also added a CIE IGCSE Exam section which currently doesn't have any papers yet, but will soon when I add them in a later update.
TheAlphaParticle
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ThatNerd)
So how does English Language ICE work? There seems to be 3 different papers for each year. Which papers would a normal student do for the ICE exam?
Paper 1 is for foundation students
Paper 2 is for Higher students
Paper 3 is for international students so don't worry about those
ThatNerd
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheAlphaParticle)
Paper 1 is for foundation students
Paper 2 is for Higher students
Paper 3 is for international students so don't worry about those
Thanks I'm going to start adding them
Sana_786
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, what is the latest past papers you have on the app? Do you have the 2019 papers, I would like to revision on them but can't get to them since they are not on the AQA website.
Thank you.
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sana_786)
Hi, what is the latest past papers you have on the app? Do you have the 2019 papers, I would like to revision on them but can't get to them since they are not on the AQA website.
Thank you.
They won’t have them on as they’re locked papers. This thread is also 4 years old so I doubt it’s been updated, but even if it has, 2018 will be the most recent papers available
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads