Inspector calls and romeo and juliet- parent and children relationship

Watch
D.SHA64
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hey guys could you describe the relationship between the parents and children in inspector calls and romeo and juliet
existential
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by D.SHA64)
hey guys could you describe the relationship between the parents and children in inspector calls and romeo and juliet
Hi sorry I can't comment on Romeo and Juliet as I have not studied it. However I have studied An Inspector Calls and the relationship between Mr & Mrs Birling and their children subverts the social norms because in 1912 it was not conventional for children to disobey and lie and speak to their parents the way Sheila and Eric do with their parents (I have quotes to support this). Eric and Sheila represent a generation who learn from their mistakes whereas Mr & Mrs Birling are very stuck in their ways with their morals.

Sorry my answer is not very specific and a bit generalised but I'm not sure exactly what themes to pinpoint here. If you're looking for some more analysis then message me and I'll get my notes together on An Inspector Calls.

Hope this helps a little bit!
D.SHA64
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by existential)
Hi sorry I can't comment on Romeo and Juliet as I have not studied it. However I have studied An Inspector Calls and the relationship between Mr & Mrs Birling and their children subverts the social norms because in 1912 it was not conventional for children to disobey and lie and speak to their parents the way Sheila and Eric do with their parents (I have quotes to support this). Eric and Sheila represent a generation who learn from their mistakes whereas Mr & Mrs Birling are very stuck in their ways with their morals.

Sorry my answer is not very specific and a bit generalised but I'm not sure exactly what themes to pinpoint here. If you're looking for some more analysis then message me and I'll get my notes together on An Inspector Calls.

Hope this helps a little bit!
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.79%
Okay (110)
29.1%
A bit lacking (140)
37.04%
Not good at all (91)
24.07%

Watched Threads